Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hm this chat is making me uncomfortable. (Group WhatsApp chat I have from DBT). I was meant to quote someone who said “is it as easy as telling your mum to leave” I said I wish it was that easy. But didn’t quote. And it was after someone telling her about how she left a relationship. And then she started going on about how it wasn’t easy. Then I said sorry I was meant to quote thingy. And.then she said “I fully appreciate at your age I was absolutely oblivious”
    im not oblivious

best just not to reply 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Got massive sense of dread😭😭😭😭
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    sending big hugs to anyone who needs them <3<3<3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    It's just really hard for me to explain and put into words. I feel like a waste of space and anxious.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Barely slept last night because I stupidly watched something that convinced me that I'm dying.. I now keep checking things like my temp and oxygen saturation. Stupid anxiety
  • Options
    What do you say to someone who calls themselves fat but they’re serverly overweight?
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie

That's a tough one, I'd personally say don't say anything you don't mean. People who are bigger know that they are big so it's better not to shower them with dishonesty i. e "no you're not" as it can come accross as patronising. Instead try to get them to see the good in themselves that aren't centered around their appearance.

But be careful not to fall into the trap of continuously validating a person who is unconsolable. I don't know if you've ever met anyone who chronically berates themselves, it doesn't matter what you say to them you can never reassure them and that's when you take a huge step back.

I just try to build a better understanding of a person as a whole to determine whether it's will be useful or to say anything but if you're a sure it's best not to say anything.

• Options
    tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    edited February 2021
    Wow like the nhs hospital said i didnt turn up for my appointment it was a rescheduled phone appointment and i was in all day with phone on yet no one bothered to call me. Hopefully they will allow reschedule ;/ they sent me a letter that also took over a week to come yet i have to reply within 2 weeks or they will kick me out. I literally phoned up like a week ago to ask what was going on and they dont give a clear answer
    I know pandemic and all but this is not great i waited for a long time and then they just wanna kick me?
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I feel dizzy 🥺
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I’m exsaughted my teeth are ruined because of bullimia and all I’ve done is Binge and purge again ffss . I’ll just never learn
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I'm forever the person nobody gives a shit about..
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Today feels impossible and it has barely even started :( I’m just struggling and there’s nothing I can do about it.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Headache
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Had a rough day and really feel like nothings gonna work out anymore :(
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Had my first hospital MH related admission of the year. 💩
  • Options
    Feeling shit
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Feel sick :((
  • Options
    Stressed..so very stressed.
  • Options
    Emoji246 wrote: »
    Feel sick :((

Hugs @Emoji246 <3
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I do a good job of ruining everything and it just show that I really am the bad person
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    I do a good job of ruining everything and it just show that I really am the bad person

You aren't a bad person. Sending hugs 💕💕
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I woke up feeling aweful today from a behaviour that I did yesterday. I've been having a hard with my body image. I'd like help with food again but I know it's not as bad as it was. Even when I had treatment for the ED I restricted the whole time. It didn't make sense to me why I'd go in just to talk, I wanted actually work to do. I've had people bigger and smaller than me have practical help which makes me confused as to why I didn't get it too. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin again. I've gained too much and I haven't been able to shift it for a year. It's all I can't think about and I've been in this damn room debating giving in to my urges.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    even people here dont care about me
    and i hate how people think that they can stop me hurting myself
    i dont think people even want to know whats wrong,
    i still have to go to school and the teacher would be going around asking everyone if they are OK then they would ignore me. Dont i deserve to be talked to?
    no im just the depresssed kid who sits in the corner looking angry and never talks.

i swear if people actually knew what was wrong with me and everything i wake up and think

this song made me laugh because hallelujah im not dead but no one cares

Hello,
    People here do care, however this isn't a thread to expect replies on. Have you thought about starting a new thread to express how you are feeling? I'm sure people would respond there!
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.