Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Enby Pals!!!

SeaweedSeaweed Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
Hey people,
I've just joined and I'm an enby, I was wondering does anyone have any tips on looking androgenous? Or more masc? I just joined so I don't really know my way around this site.
Kai

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
     Hey @Seaweed ! I don't have any tips or advice for you, i just wanted to say welcome and it's great to meet you :)

I'm sure someone will come along with an answer to your question
  • SeaweedSeaweed Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Liam thanks anyway, also when can you post PM's?
    I'm trying to make a few friends hopefully.
    Kai
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I think once you've hit 10 posts you're good to PM folk :)
    Oh ok thanks =)
    Where are all my enby pals!!! ):
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :) Likewise, I don't have any advice, but wanted to welcome you to the community <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey there! 
    I like to be a mix of the two sometimes myself it's hard to find a balance though for sure! :)

Here's some tips from Ruby Rose: https://www.byrdie.com/ruby-rose-interview-androgynous

Here's another good one that could help: https://www.byrdie.com/ruby-rose-interview-androgynous

For dressing a bit more masc. Flannel shirts are great, any button ups give you a masculine edge. Baggier shirts, mens ones are great. Beanies ect :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Omg thx 😊
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hey @Seaweed

Welcome to the boards, it's lovely to have you here! I think it's so great that you are looking for tips on how you can express yourself as an enby. Self expression is so fab! :heart:

I don't have any advice myself, but I really hope you find some helpful tips from others - seems like Laine has shared some good ideas :smile: 
    Hi @coc0mac thx (:
  • ren0420ren0420 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Hey Kai!!
    I always try to keep my hair on the shorter side and wear funny animated shirts that are overall androgynous anyways. Unlike what you might see online, not all enbys wear mom jeans, fishnets, bunny/frog hats or beanies and oversized shirts (although they can help with dysphoria, personally I prefer hoodies aha). Sometimes I choose to wear more masculine clothes because I am AFAB shows I'm not gender conforming and some people get the hint. Also less makeup (although everyone can wear it!!!) and maybe even a pin that has the flag if you're comfortable doing that!!
    Good luck :)