Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm Aniara.

AniaraAniara Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
My name is Aniara... or, at least, my username here is Aniara. I don't speak much... usually. However, I found this website half an hour ago and decided to see what it was about.

I like horror. My favourite film is Hellraiser and my favourite author is Junji Ito. Actually, I planned to begin reading Gyo tonight, but ended up here instead. Horror gets kind of dull when nothing is scary anymore, I've seen enough that nothing really affects me anymore... but Ito can always innovate with his works, so I like to read his stories on occasion.

Sometimes I look into philosophy, mathematics and other areas of study when I'm bored, but it's been a while since I've learned anything of use, nor do I have much motivation to do so. I haven't read in a while outside of the occasional short story or horror manga.

My favourite genre of music is symphonic metal, though I also like progressive rock and more recently discovered darkwave - a genre I would really like to listen to more in the future, though finding new artists seems difficult as it's a relatively obscure genre.

I believe this should be enough? I'll stay around for a while to further understand what this place is like, I suppose.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Hey! Welcome to the mix, it's so nice to meet you :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Heyyy @Aniara, that's a cool name!! My name is Elle, it's lovely to meet you!! This place is pretty cool and I'm glad you've found it!!

Must admit I've never heard of those films or anything, but do like the occasional horror myself. Haven't watched one for a good while though aha!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hey! It's good to meet you, I hope you like your time here :) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Happy Wednesday  :)  it’s lovely to have you here. We’re always here if you ever need anything  <3
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Glad to have you around, @Aniara! So intrigued by 'darkwave' - going to check that out.

I'm Mike, one of the mods you'll see drifting through every now and again. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Welcome ❤️
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the forum! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome! Would be nice to get to know you more!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley