Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Small wins!

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Hello all,

While some of us are really struggling with lockdown, I thought it be nice to share the small wins because they matter too! It could be as small as you had lunch today, you had a lie in, you did something for yourself etc!

Wins you feel proud of today! 
Mine is : I managed a lie in!

What's your win of the day?

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I made tiktoks and it was fun and good distraction
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Got out of bed for an hour.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    This may sound silly but I've been a tug of war with relapsing the past two months.

Yesterday (like many times) I decided to loosen the rules a bit. I had a takeout with my SO and it was lovely. I ate all of it and I even had a few treats that day and I didn't feel too bad.😊

Had a small win today and had a small breakfast before work. I haven't done that in over a year. I normally don't leave myself time
    Slept 8 hours after not sleeping for over a dah
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Small win big win whatever you want to call it I’ve been really struggling to find the motivation to shower but these last few weeks I’ve managed to shower atleast every other day !
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I changed into day clothes rather than day time pyjamas! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Washed my hair today
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran

I ate solid food yesterday, in memory of Pip, I know she would want me to eat and not fall back into the depths of anorexia 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I answered the phone at work for the first time
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    @Dandelion well done!!
    Washed my hair. 
    Something I've really been struggling with recently
    Had covid test. Went shops and took teddy out !
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Honestly love seeing all your small wins 🤗🤗
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited January 2021
    Shaunie said:
    Had covid test. Went shops and took teddy out !
    Also just want to say. I can go out after having covid tests because I get paid for the test. There is never been any reason I’ve got the covid test other than helping for research  or being in hospital 
    When your feet finally warm up
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I left the house today for the first time since Friday. I shouldn’t be proud of that really but I’ve basically spent the last 3 days hiding in bed so it’s better lol. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Giving this a bump. It's been a rough year.

Everything counts as a win here!
    edited June 2021
    Finding teddy a trainer! I’m a good doggy owner. Working extra to pay for it
    Self harm free for 1 week
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Finding teddy a trainer! I’m a good doggy owner. Working extra to pay for it

Been a long wait but less than 2 weeks and he will be off with a trainer For 2 weeks!
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    Had the motivation to make breakfast for my family and me after a long time

Ooo what do you make?
    This is a fantastic win! Thank you for sharing
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Felt loads calmer today so managed to get a fair bit done. Shopping etc. I’ll tackle the cleaning another day, it probably won’t last too long but I guess I have to recognise a better day and use it.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Felt loads calmer today so managed to get a fair bit done. Shopping etc. I’ll tackle the cleaning another day, it probably won’t last too long but I guess I have to recognise a better day and use it.

Well done
    Got dressed.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hey all,

I really like this thread and that it is still going! It is really uplifting and just shows us that we are never alone. Also, we can recognise our own achievements as well as other people's. Thank you @GreenTea for starting this thread. My small win for the day is that I have made progress on a project I am working on! :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.