Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My boyfriend is annoyed with my low mood

Stars2Stars2 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
Lately I've been really low. On new years eve he got moody with me and I ended up sitting on the doorstep at midnight crying while he ignored me. 
And one night I told him I'm feeling down because its affecting me having to be stuck in the house and he is always on his phone and only paying me attention when he wants tea or sex. 
So this caused him to say he's fed up if me being in a mood and we had argument. But we sorted it and now I feel like I have to be happy all the time :( 
We've been good since. 
Hes 18 years older than me so I thought maybe he's just set in his ways? 
I don't  know 

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hey @Stars2, it’s great to see you back by the way!! 

I’m sorry to hear your boyfriend has said those things, and is making you feel like you have to be happy all the time. One of the key aspects of a relationship is honesty - it needs to have open communication on both sides. By shutting you down like that he’s preventing you from being open about how you are really feeling. I always think a partner should be someone you can confide in, someone you can tell how you’re really feeling even if you couldn’t possibly tell anybody else. 

It might be worth trying to have a conversation about this, when you’re both calm and not in the immediate aftermath of an argument. It’s important that you tell him he’s making you feel like this, it can’t be a nice way to feel at all. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Yes, and I'm also stressing about how I look and my weight.  I've always worried about what size I am since a young girl because of magazines and its constantly on my mind. I wish I could be one of those people that doesn't care. :-( 
    I defo can't talk to him about that. He said he doesn't care if I put weight but I really do.
  • Options
    Also, even though he tells me alot and shows me he loves me I still don't believe it. I've been hurt alot in the past but it does cross my mind because I love him so much 😞 
    I feel so sad that I feel like its making me ill. 
    I occupy myself with things to do but I wish there was a way out of this lockdown soon. To get back to normal.