Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I’m fine. Well mostly but not fully.

StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
edited January 2021 in General Chat

I couldn’t sleep last night so thought I would try and write out how was I feeling but I ended up with this, so I thought I would share:

I’m fine. Well mostly but not fully. See I thought I was fine, then a piece fell away, and I realised the bandage was only temporary.

I’m fine. The world might have come to a standstill, no one really knowing which way to turn next. But I’m fine, we’re all fine.

But maybe we’re not. Maybe we just say we are fine when really, we have lost all meaning to this life we’re supposed to be creating. All our lifelong goals and aspirations waiting for us to return to a world we’re we can finally see them again. But when? No one knows.

See that’s the problem, endless questions with no answers flooding our brains, we’re getting nowhere. 

Overload, we reach a point too far down the line to turn back but with no end in sight, we give up. The bandage holding us together begins to slip away piece by piece until nothing remains but you and I. Alone yet somehow surrounded by everyone, we are all falling, we are falling together, yet our struggles seem so vastly different, we remain alone.

But we do have one thing in common, the world we share, the world that has let us down, the world that has left us to suffer, alone.

See really, we are the opposite of alone so why can’t we see that? More questions with no answers, this is hopeless. 

But is it really? See another question, somehow the world becomes a question, everything that exists becomes a question. Yet somehow, we manage to survive. Maybe questions aren’t the problem. So, what is?

I’m fine. I may not know all the answers right now, but I’m fine. I trust it will work out. I pick up the fallen piece and press it back into place. Silence. No more questions. I’m fine.

(I’m not the best with words so this might not all make sense but I didn’t want to just delete it so thought I’d post it here, hope you have a lovely day!! <3 )

“I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Sending big hugs ❤️
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Starlight

I think this is worded super clearly. It’s so helpful to write out how we’re feeling and what’s on our minds.

How are you feeling after sharing?

Sending hugs ❤️
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Liam said:
    Hey @Starlight

I think this is worded super clearly. It’s so helpful to write out how we’re feeling and what’s on our minds.

How are you feeling after sharing?

Sending hugs ❤️
    Hey @liam thanks for replying. Not sure honestly it’s been a few days, I think I wrote it all out of frustration surrounding the current situation and lockdown and how unknown the future is and I’m slowly starting to come terms with it all. I’m doing good at the moment though just taking every day as it comes and trying to remember everything happens for a reason. 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey @Starlight
    this is very well written and powerful. <3 you’re right. We are not alone in feeling alone and struggling 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley