Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Been doing lots of pre counselling prep such as things to do before and after. Tips etc.
    Also got my workbook I'm getting through, feel right productive! 🤣

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Ordered colouring in books and some gel pens. Ones a positive swear words one 😂 
    Feel bad spending money but also super excited! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    That sounds awesome @Laine , and besides  spending a little bit of money doesn’t matter if it makes you happy.  <3
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Laine said:
    Ordered colouring in books and some gel pens. Ones a positive swear words one 😂 
    Feel bad spending money but also super excited! 
    Is that the one that has Twatwaffle in it a bit like the one that @GreenTea has?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Nah don't think so! This one has positive words in so it's like "you're fucking awesome" 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Laine said:
    Nah don't think so! This one has positive words in so it's like "you're fucking awesome" 😂
    Oh okay. That's a great way of using swear words in a kind way.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I’m out of isolation today 
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Not sure if this is the place to put it, but we had some left over christmas crackers me and my mum pulled today and I got these tiny little playing cards, and they just made my day :joy: The one on the left is a standard size card for comparison hehe I don’t know why I’m so excited about this :lol:
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Pretty sure I got some of those in one of my christmas crackers @Starlight aha 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I got an offer for university, I don’t feel happy like I thought I would. But now I have a goal to aim for and my parents are happy  :)
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Levelled up to a Level 2 volunteer on Shout so now I can take night shifts! (Not that I think I would :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
    That’s awesome @Eleanor , it’s amazing what you do. Shout has helped me more than I could ever explain. It’s awesome  that you volunteer. It takes a special kind of person, I know I could never do it. And it’s amazing that you levelled up <3 (sorry if this sounded weird) 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Aw thank you @SpaceOtter I really love being a volunteer there, and I get to meet so many inspiring people! I'm glad you find the service useful!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    'm going to try my absolute hardest to not do a behaviour today andddd I'm going to do a bit of cooking too!
    Love cooking I've felt so much better since I cook myself dinners ❤️ hope you enjoy whatever you whip up! :) 

I've managed to shower, brush my teeth and initiate self care by getting in my stitch onesie. I love how it swallows me up lie about hug, and then I can't see me 🤣 

I'm going to do some colouring in maybe too!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Aidan I'm making homemade five guys. I did want to buy it because of how bad I've been craving it but Mr A suggested cooking to keep me busyyy

@Laine same here, it's quite cathartic too. Sounds like you're having a self-care day too! Wishing you all the best <3

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    That sounds awesome @Salix_alba_2019 enjoy! I wish i was a good cook :lol:
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Highlight of my day is seeing the fox and Robin... The fox came up and smelt my leg 🥺🥺💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Might be getting discharged cause I'm not complying 🙈😂😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Finally had a decent night sleep!
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    The roads aren't icy so I don't need to drive with a space filler tyre in the ice 🎉
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    My Injury is getting better
    My beanies stash came!! Going through 4 jars a week being in here 🙈😂💖

I hope it snow
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Won’t be needing a skin graft 😀
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    The doctors don't want me going back to the flat on my own, so they're giving me a travel pass so I can go see my fam for 2 weeks! Honestly so happy, leaving Friday 😁😁😁
    That first shave after being in hospital for a month and a half 🥺👌 my legs are so smooth 😂
    Back home are going in the right direction for mental health support. They have opened a mental health emergency department, so you no longer go to a&e in crisis. Police, paramedics, 111 etc can send you there. Instead of waiting 5-6 hours for mental health team to see you, you're seen pretty quickly by trained mental health practitioners