Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    My mood isn't great lately and I managed to calm myself while my cousin didn't listening to me. Trying not to yell at her felt like swallowing a hard pill for me, but it worked.
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Kind people :) My friends in particular who always show me (and others) kindness, it always makes  the things that unkind people say seem insignificant :) 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My sister gave me her old telly.:)never had a telly in my room before. Need to buy the power cable but other than that it should hopefully work
    it looks small on camera but in real life it looks too big for my room cause room is small ah. So perfect size

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    I am grateful for my parents, they seem to be the only ones who care and support me. I will forever be grateful to them.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The large group of people around me. Extremely grateful to have a great group of friends
    Teddy and a bed and my own room. I loved my room

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I've been incredibly grateful of my family over Christmas and New Years, obviously this year has been a pretty different to usual but they've all been so lovely the whole time it's really brightened my spirits. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Was having a bad day so Father ordered chocolate milkshakes to the ward for me and my friend 😊😋💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Our chickens they make me smile so much. They're rescued battery hens and they've been through so much yet they're always so gentle and kind. Theyre like wee dogs lol i let them out every morning and they come running to me. Probs for food but i pet them first :smiley: 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    That’s really sweet @Liam what’s there names? My dad always wanted to have chickens but we simply don’t have the space. 
    We have 12 so i just call them all cutie @SpaceOtter :lol:
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Lovee chickens petted one at an agriculture show once. Didn't know you could stroke em, so smooth 😂

Am grateful for awesome friends and a partner who puts up with me a lot 🤣

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @liam do they peck you? They've always kinda scared me a little but I think it's because I'm scared of swans 😂
    Alis propriis volat 
    Wow 12 that’s awesome @liam I can see why you just call them cute 😂

Hope you’re doing ok @Laine you’re an awesome person and we’re incredibly grateful to have you here at the mix.

I’m grateful that I didn’t have to go into school today so I got a much needed lie in. And that I have an awesome dog who sits on my lap and keeps me warm. 
    @Eleanor Yeah if i wiggle my finger they think its a worm and try to eat it LOL :lol: and they chase the dog but they're cuddly wee things, they love a good cuddle in the morning and i check them over, make sure they're all okay. We've got one who likes to chase a ball lol she cant pick it up she just chases it its so cute 
    Dogs trained to emotionally support others
    My parents :)
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    I’m grateful for my therapist. I wouldn’t have got through the last week without her. 
    Mental health support services, NHS
    The mix support group chats 
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    There are people on the scaffolding outside my house that hasn’t been touched in months, I think they are taking it down!! Finally!! Only 9 months later :lol: I’ll finally be able to open my window again!!!
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
    The friends that I have. Couldn't ask for a better bunch
    Blankets
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    My day off work 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I realised that i appreciate laughter and it's something that's a core part of me and my up bringing whether it be with my extended family or friends. When I look back at some of my funniest memories it's always been with other people. I haven't been laughing as much as I used and I guess it's because I've spent more time on my own because of my own silly insecurities and worries.

Laughter is medicine, I just didn't realise just how important it was untill now.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    I realised that i appreciate laughter and it's something that's a core part of me and my up bringing whether it be with my extended family or friends. When I look back at some of my funniest memories it's always been with other people. I haven't been laughing as much as I used and I guess it's because I've spent more time on my own because of my own silly insecurities and worries.

Laughter is medicine, I just didn't realise just how important it was untill now.
    I can really relate to this. As soon as I hope on a call with my friend and we have fun playing video games, I realise how amazing that feeling is and how much I miss it.

Today, I'm grateful of a bright sky and a (relatively) warm day. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    My pals & nice weather :)
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    1. Being happy and healthy
    2. Having wonderful friends
    3. The opportunity to learn and grow
    Alis propriis volat 
    Everything and everyone in my life. I am feeling so grateful :)