Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lockdown!!

NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
As if life wasn’t stressful enough working 9-5 full-time, which led to me having to be out of the house at 7:30am to drop Darcey off to collecting her at 6pm!

Boris announcing a national lockdown and school closures at 8pm on a Monday! Only for her school to then fold and say they have staffing issues and will not be opening! 

What about the single parent, working full-time, with a mortgage and outgoing of over £1,200 per month & no support from tax credits (I don’t fit the criteria apparently!)???? 

I’d like to know how they think I am going to survive with my child, being a single parent with no other source of income, being in a new job for 2 weeks! How should I be able to keep a roof over our heads?! 

My role is of course a key worker role, such that my work won’t furlough me and can’t because I haven’t been in continuous employment since October with them!!!

We haven’t left the house since the 18/12/2020 except for shopping for food and we’ve had no visitors either. 

To the few who felt it was their place to blatantly break the rules the cause for the rise! Thank you!!!!

This week I had no choice but to take Darcey to work, to court whilst I try and suet childcare arrangements, yes I got pity fortunately from both sides and found myself having a meltdown, my boss kindly allowed me to work from home out of pity! What happens for the foreseeable is in the hands of my employer solely! I’m on probation period so the jury is out!

As if I didn’t have enough going on!!  
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited January 2021
    Hi @NatalieMT

I so wish there was more I could do to help you - sending HUGE hugs your way :heart:

I can totally hear your frustration, and I am so glad you decided to use this space to rant and let it off your chest. 

I really hope that everything works out for you. Whatever happens, we are all right here, even if just to listen. Whatever helps you the most :smile:

All the love :heart:
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @NatalieMT

Sending hugs to you, we're all here for you :heart:

How are you feeling? :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.