Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Eleanor @Aidan Thankyou 🥺❤️
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    So I've got this gift which means that I can be very attuned to people. Sometimes I can even absorb people's emotions and end up feeling the way that they do too, especially if I care about them. I noticed this a few years ago when a really good friend of mine stopped going to uni after she became  depressed and unhappy with the course. Much to my surprise I too started feeling the same way completely unaware of it at the time. It was only when I started talking to a therapist about it that it all started to make sense. 

Sometimes when I care a lot about people I can feel their pain too and I was wondering if this was something that you felt too @Emoji246? I couldn't help but notice patterns in your distress to what was going on with others and I was wondering if it's something that you've ever noticed ? And I'm wondering if being such a wonderful help to the community has also meant that you've absorbed people's "concerns" too, so much that they've become your own?

It's not a bad thing per say, in fact it's an indicator of a highly empathetic person 😉 we just gotta make sure the very empathetic people stay in tip top condition because they matter too. We can't look after other people if we can't look after ourselves ❤️ A little bit of pruning makes the flowers flourish 🌻

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I just cannot seem to shift whatever is wrong with me . I’m soo stuffy and get these waves of feeling all light headed , my stomach hurts and I just feel nauseous all the time .
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Has anyone taken flucloxacillin. I’m scared to take it 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I haven't taken it myself but I do believe my brother has :) 

It's best taken on an empty stomach cause it can cause nausea. If you want to share, what are you scared about? ❤️

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited January 2021
    Laine said:

It's best taken on an empty stomach cause it can cause nausea. If you want to share, what are you scared about? ❤️
    Oh thanks. That’s useful to know!  I am just scared of feeling/being sick ah 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Yeah that is never fun! 

I've felt nauseous before on antibiotics but I don't think I've ever felt really sick etc. You generally take it before food I think like half an hour, it should tell you. That ensures you don't feel nauseated. Eating something after be helpful. You can always try things too like ginger nuts, sparkling water, or peppermint. They can settle it. But I believe you should be okay! ❤️

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited January 2021
    Mentally drained 😓🖤
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited January 2021
    @Emoji246 big hugs. Remember it’s ok to look after yourself and take a break. I often find a good tv show or take the dog for a walk. You’re kind to so many people but don’t forget to be kind to yourself. And remember if you ever need to talk we’re always here to listen. Big hugs  <3
    Laine said:

Ah yeahh. It’s like I’d rather be sick then feel sick. To me that’s the worst feeling in the world 
    I always thought you’re meant to eat if the pill will make you feel sick so it soaks up in the food but must be wrong!

thanks
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    😭
    Why am I like this. 😭
    edited January 2021
    TW I self harmed and I have no plasters left help I just put antiseptic cream on it and it stings like hell😭
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I regret going to sleep so early...
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Sending hugs @Emoji246 , remember to seek support if you need it 
    Emoji246 said:
    TW I self harmed and I have no plasters left help I just put antiseptic cream on it and it stings like hell😭
    Could you put kitchen roll and tape on it? I have done this before
    @Shaunie does it stay on?
    Emoji246 said:
    @Shaunie does it stay on?
    It depends on how the self harm is doing. If a plaster would stay on it. Then yes it does stay. Stay safe
    @Shaunie Thankyou for that I will try it ❤️
    No worries <3
    I'm struggling a lot right now.
    Might of just spent more money. Ahh I need to go to sleep but I’m so so much pain 😭😭😭
    edited January 2021

The urge to self harm is so strong right now. Sat crying. Extremely on edge, triggered and just feeling like shit. 

edited January 2021
    I'm so frustrated and angry and upset. I'm crying so much I can't breathe and catch my breath. I'm struggling so much and I'm at breaking point and I don't know what to do. I'm just s horrible nasty person that shouldn't be here. I'm 2 weeks harm free and about ready to snap and break that. I constantly feel on edge. Easily triggered. I put up a front that made it seem like I'm doing so well, tonight I've just fallen apart. So much is going on, so much from my past is impacting me Greatly. Im really struggling and just want to feel like I matter and just want support.. right now I don't feel like I matter and haven't for a while. I feel like I don't deserve support either 
    Haven't slept since I woke up at midnight. I'm just sat on the edge of my bed thinking.. "what the actual fuck"
    edited January 2021
    Shaking and crying. People are trying to support me physically and can't get my words out
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    hope you're okay now @GreenTea maybe try a grounding technique ? or go outside for some fresh air. 
This discussion has been closed.