Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2021
    Can’t breath. When my sister is not in my room and when get a chance. Probably Monday now. I’m gunna ring gp to get blood test to check my iron levels and to see my sugar levels. If they say it is Anxiety So don’t need to (they did last time) I’ll just say well if it is knowing I’m not anemic Or diabetic would help. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I hope your ok now @Shaunie ❤️ And @Laine I’m sorry to hear about that ❤️
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm just a fuck up..one way or another everyone ends up hating me
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Feeling an onset of an episode.Not overthinking it, other likely explanations. 
  • Options
    SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @Salix_alba_2019 d'you wanna talk about it?
  • Options
    I’m scared. I’ve never actually cared about my physical  health til now
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    edited January 2021
    @Salix_alba_2019 How you feeling now? IT's great that you're able to identify an onset, that means you can do all that you can to help yourself to feel better, and if it happens - that's okay too. I hope you get some good rest tonight and wake up feeling a little better <3 

@Shaunie Sending hugs, what's worrying you at the moment? I'm here if you want a chat! Sometimes late at night we can get ourselves into a spiral of thoughts so remember to practise some self-care and you can always battle the thoughts in the morning if they're still there with a fresh pair of eyes <3 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @Eleanor
    about Self harm

I’m scared I’ve cause nerve damage to my arm
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @Shaunie big hugs we’re all here if you ever need anyone to talk to. Is it possible to contact your gp they may be able to help ?
     Sorry I can’t offer better advice, we’re always here if you ever need anything  <3
  • Options
    @Shaunie Ahh I see, what's making you think you've done that? If it's a worry, I would defo recommend speaking to your GP about it! I'm not very knowledgeable about that area so I don't think I can be much help about that. Is there anything you think you can do to help settle your worries tonight so you are able to get some rest? 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @SpaceOtter

I’m hoping the pain will go when I wake up 
    but  I’m going to my gp tomorrow for blood tests and I will ask her if this looks like it could cause nerve damage and if need to see someone for it and how to take care of it. But know she won’t be able to say much as not much time

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Eleanor said:
    @Shaunie Ahh I see, what's making you think you've done that? If it's a worry, I would defo recommend speaking to your GP about it! I'm not very knowledgeable about that area so I don't think I can be much help about that. Is there anything you think you can do to help settle your worries tonight so you are able to get some rest? 
    It hurts to move my arm. It has done before but not this bad. Then I was reading stuff about nerve damage 😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Options
    @Shaunie The internet is a dangerous place when it comes to searching medical things! Remember the internet doesn't replace a GP, I often find that Googling symptoms makes something awful come up when nine times out of ten it's nothing big :) 

Trigger Warning - Self-Harm 
    I'm wondering if you have self-harmed recently and that's what could be causing the pain? There's plenty of ways we can try to minimise the pain you're experiencing if that's what's causing it <3 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Eleanor said:
    @Shaunie The internet is a dangerous place when it comes to searching medical things! Remember the internet doesn't replace a GP, I often find that Googling symptoms makes something awful come up when nine times out of ten it's nothing big :) 

I'm wondering if you have self-harmed recently and that's what could be causing the pain? There's plenty of ways we can try to minimise the pain you're experiencing if that's what's causing it <3 
    Yeah it was recently but it’s hurting even when I’m not moving it 😭. 
     But yeah I think I might be over dramatic. It can be when it hurts from the beginning it’s in your mind that it’s carrying on hurting, I’ve heard that can happen anywayI can’t even pick teddy up with both hand and I work in primark that needs my hands when heavy stock
  • Options
    @Shaunie It sounds to be like perhaps you should rest it for a little bit, that might help it to heal and ease the pain. Maybe try not to pick Teddy up until it feels better? Are you on furlough at work at the moment? Now's the best time to let your arm rest if you're not going to be at work for a few weeks! 

It sounds like what you're talking about it mind over matter? Like how when you're ill you'll only feel as ill as you think you do, if you tell yourself you're not ill, then you won't feel as ill! That could be what's happening maybe

You mentioned you had done it recently, make sure you've cleaned the area with the cuts - that might help it feel better. Or you could always put a really cold cloth over it to help soothe it!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Ahaha thank you @Aidan  and @Eleanor

yeah that’s exactly what I mean. Mind over matter. 

Tomorrow at my blood tests I’m really hoping she tells me to go to walk in centre cause I’m so scared lol

and yeah I’m on furlough! Doing nothing so my mind could be overthinking it lol. Does probably need some rest

i swear I’m never self harming again
  • Options
    @Shaunie Ah best of luck for your blood tests! You can definitely ask for some advice on what to do there! Give you arm a rest like you said and see how it goes, talk it easy :) I hope being on furlough is going alright for you! And make sure you get some sleep at some point!  
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Eleanor said:
    @Shaunie Ah best of luck for your blood tests! You can definitely ask for some advice on what to do there! Give you arm a rest like you said and see how it goes, talk it easy :) I hope being on furlough is going alright for you! And make sure you get some sleep at some point!  
    Thank you @Eleanor I hope you’re okay
  • Options
    I'm all good thanks Shaunie! You're more than welcome, I'm here whenever you need a chat <3
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Eleanor I'm okay, I've been like this for few days. Im sll good now ( I hope I haven't spoken too soon lol).

@SciFi_456, not at the moment I really appreciate you asking 😉
  • Options
    Just thought I’d update - don’t think I have nerve damage. It’s feeling better today!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    TW_self harm

Showed it to the person who was doing my blood test and she got the doctor in. The doctor said the nerves need to re grow and will be very sensitive for awhile and will hurt my whole arm for awhile. I didn’t know nerves can regrow 
    it hurts just not as bad as yesterday so that’s good 

Said it needs antibiotics cause of redness and swelling which I can not be bothered to collect later 
    But anyway atleast I will be able to have some function in my left arm soon! Literally was so scared I’ll never be able to use my arm properly lol and gave me lots of bandage stuff so that’s good cause never have them cause they’re actually expensive 
    Post edited by Siena on
  • Options
    I don’t care what anyone says I ain’t moving downstairs. Everyone can just Fuck off i swear. I just want to die here
  • Options
    I'm angry at myself for falling into a shitty routine 
  • Options
    BT WiFi is stressful
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I couldn't agree more @GreenTea I battle with awful BT wifi every single day lol. It's a nightmare!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more @GreenTea I battle with awful BT wifi every single day lol. It's a nightmare!

It's awful!