Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    I'm sorry @Jellyelephant we're here if you want to talk ❤️
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Oh @Jellyelephant I’m so sorry to hear that :( look after yourself and we’re here if you need to chat <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    We lost my beautiful nana yesterday, I’m absolutely heartbroken. 
    I’m so sorry jelly <3 here for you x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    I have felt lonely a lot and I have been struggling to cope with lockdown and all of the changes. There have been a lot of times where I have felt close to crying but I don't want to be thought of as a wimp or have too much attention and I don't want to be a burden. Sometimes it feels like nobody understands me or what I am going through so that is something that has been stopping me from speaking up and asking for help when I need it. :( I have been told a lot of times in the past that I am irrelevant and that what I think or say is irrelevant which is why I think of myself as a burden. My confidence also gets really low. Why does past bullying have to keep on getting to me!? :( Sorry.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @Dancer you are a beautiful soul and we all love you so much.

I know crying can feel embarrassing sometimes but I promise you it’s nothing to be ashamed of, crying certainly doesn’t make you weak. It’s the bodies coping mechanism it’s a way of letting everything out, it’s a way of acknowledging your feelings. Dancer you are one of the strongest people I know and we all care about  you so much.

You’re never a burden Dancer. If you broke your arm you wouldn’t think twice about reaching out for help. Our mental health deserves the same attention and care. I’m sorry you haven’t received the kindness  and support you deserve in the past but I promise you dancer you deserve to be supported and feel happy. 

Lockdown is super overwhelming and stressful, I’ve struggled a lot too so I reached out to a teacher and gave since been receiving some amazing support. Is there anyone you can talk to a teacher maybe?

We all care about you. I’m always happy to listen, feel free to PM me any time I’m always happy to listen. 

Bullying is a horrible thing that often stays with us. Unfortunately the bad things often stick with us more than the good, but it’s certainly not your fault. It can take time to heal and repair trust, but reaching out like you have is an amazing thing to do. Keep reaching out we’re always here. 
  • Options
    Does anyone else get extremely bad headaches the day after self harming ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Somebody help me. 😭😭😭my head is banging 😭😭😭
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Shaunie have some water and sit in a dark room 🥺sending hugs ❤️
  • Options
    Ah good idea actually. I always forget to drink water!
  • Options
    Let me know if it works @Shaunie❤️
  • Options
    😣😔
  • Options
    Big hugs @Emoji246 always happy to listen if it helps.  <3 we all care about you 
  • Options
    TW😭
  • Options
    I can’t breathe properly rn😥😔
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    You're not alone. Do you feel able to try a grounding technique right now? @Emoji246

Pop both feet on the floor and list

5: Five things you see around you 

4: Four things you can touch around you. (It could be your hair, a pillow, or the ground under your feet)

3: Three things you hear

2: Two things you can smell 

1: One thing you can taste

Deep breaths, you got this.

• Options
    Hey @Emoji246 you’re right life hurts an awful lot sometimes and it’s a long tiring battle especially when you have very little support. But there are some amazing people out there and there will be some amazing moments out there in the future. We have to look for the bright stars in the dark sky. I’m sorry I can’t help more. But we’re always happy to listen. Sending big hugs  <3
  • Options
    That’s some amazing advice from Liam 

there’s also this helpful video that sometimes helps me @Emoji246

https://youtu.be/eZBa63NZbbE
  • Options
    Thankyou 😭
  • Options
    WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME😤😭
  • Options
    Big hugs @Emoji246 here if you need anything  <3 
  • Options
    😭I just don’t know rn
  • Options
    @Liam Sending hugs ❤️
  • Options
    Hey @Liam I’m really sorry to hear that. Big hugs your way. Sometimes writing everything out and tearing it up helps a little but I’m not sure if that will work. I don’t really have any advice just know we’re always here if you need anything. I’m always happy to listen or talk. I’m not great at advice but if you ever need a bunch of cheese and animal memes you know where I am. You’re an awesome human being and we all care about you.  <3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Cheers guys!

@SpaceOtter hahaha, nowt beats the animal memes :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Big hugs everyone, I think it’s best I turn in for the night now but if anyone ever needs anything I’ll do my best to help. You’re all beautiful souls and I’m so damn lucky to know you all <3

Image removed by Moderator at request of Poster
    Post edited by Jordan on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    OMG 
    freaking  out. I never speak about my mental illness to my family. They’re obviously aware of it tho 

but I impulsively just sent my sisters this tiktok  (group chat)
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZScQQn2W/

They always call me lazy so I guess just fed up and want them to understand 

but I shouldn’t of sent it 😭😭😭😭😭

Edit. Not to worry. I fixed it by saying “doesn’t this go through everyone’s head” to make it seem less serious
    Post edited by Siena on
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Just when I thought I was getting better ... my covid test came back unreadable so I had to go get another one , I’m still feeling nauseous, my head is hurting so much and I’ve got stomach pains :( yet because I’m 24hrs free from being sick guess who’s back in work this afternoon 😔 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
This discussion has been closed.