Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What does it do?

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
What happens if you click the ignore function on somones profile? 

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I think it means that person can't PM you and you have to click on their posts to show them. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It just hides users posts and you have to click on them to view it 

Hope this helps
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    What these two said @Salix_alba_2019. :) It puts their posts behind a 'click and reveal'. Can be useful if you're finding someone's posts triggering, for example. They can still PM you though.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Has the PMing changed then? I always thought you couldn't receive PMs from people if you put them on an ignore list. It used to come up saying you weren't able to PM the person which is how you knew you were on ignore.
    Is that not the case anymore? @Mike

Sorry @Salix_alba_2019 feel like I've taken over your post but just wanted to clarify the PM bit. Hope that's ok! 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I thought that as well @GreenTea, I remember someone telling me it was the case too a while ago (can’t remember who haha). 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Ahhh thank you!

I just noticed  the button the other day and was really confused as to how it got there.

@GreenTea no worries, post away 😉
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    I stand corrected! You guys are right (as usual) :tongue:

From some testing it also looks like ignoring someone removes their PMs from your inbox. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Thank you for clarifying @Mike
    :)