Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Did a photoshoot at home for Photography. Can't really go out anywhere at the moment due to self isolation but I did some photos of my dad in the garden (with his permission.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    I had popcorn for the first time in about 18 months. Not been able to have popcorn because of having braces. I still have my braces but my mum allowed me to have some popcorn today as she found some popcorn that is softer than some other brands.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Took some self care today 💕 I've been so busy and doing everything for others, I took time out for me
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    4 managers said how well I did yesterday. Including the store manager. And the manager who wasn’t in yesterday but was in today told me they was singing my praises this morning and that I smashed it. Ahh I just was doing my job as normal. Know how rare it is for them to appreciate you and finally feel appreciated lol. I know it’s only folding clothes but some people don’t care about all the stock and sizes being out and shit like that and how nice it looks folded property. But I do try. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    I help people by researching how to overcome burnout and validate someone else's experience on tumblr asks today, feels great.
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
    13 hour shift
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Great stuff everybody super proud of all of you! <3

I've given back through some volunteering today and just been gentle with myself and how I'm feeling :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    I had a full body shower 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Feeling a lot better after having a big chat with Mr A. I've been making some good choices that have made me feel better overall😁
    A nice decent chunk of aerobics exercise! 
    Might give some mindfulness a try too, and go for a walk later 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Spoke to someone instead of reacting with negative behaviours
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I finally got up and decided to clean my room and not leave it in a mess for once 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Had a good chat about feelings (*shudders*) with one of my mates. He teaches me so many life skills.
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Actually completed my school work and decided to accept that I am struggling again to my self.....
    Well done Anne baby steps are great! 
    And well done Liam! Reaching out doesn't always feel great but  it can help ❤️

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

edited January 2021
    I had a shower and washed my hair! Feels great as it had been a few days. Sometimes even the little things feel like massive goals for me. 
    Bad heart day but it hasn't stopped me! Up and down the stairs lool 
    Got loads of work done, also done the washing, now cooking dinner 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Got my prescription posted, had my counselling (omg I love my new counsellor ❤️ she doesn't take it too seriously it was so much more relaxed like just having a discussion) 
    And been chilling this afternoon. I'm going to have a nice chill evening maybe games night if everyone is up for it. Treat myself lol 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I didn't make the GB senior team for my judo because I didn't have enough results to justify it due to being out for nearly 4 years but because they know the type of fighter I am and the results I did have that counted towards the application they've decided to invite me to the camps and pay for my accomodation and food 🥳
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Wahoo thats amazing @Anch0r33 and @Laine i'm SO glad that you love your new counsellor <3 Yous are all doing so great!
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Laine I'm so happy you like your new counsellor! It's such a relief to finally meet them and to know that you're going to get along, I can only imagine the weight off your shoulders! Counselling isn't an easy process to start but you've done the hard bit and reached out! It sounds like you had a nice relaxing day afterwards, nothing better than rewarding yourself with some self-care! <3

@Anch0r33 That's amazing! It must be so exciting to be invited to the camps and it's really inspiring to see you focussing on all the positives that have come out of your application rather than focussing on the fact you didn't have enough results - it really does show real strength! You're such a hard-worker and I know you're going to learn so much from these camps which will only make you even better at Judo! There's no stopping Anchor! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Awww @Liam that’s awesome, doing anything to be kind to ourselves is brilliant especially after we’ve struggling to find motivation. I love being out early in the morning it’s so tranquil.  Take care dude, you’re amazing. Happy Tuesday   :)

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Liam That is awesome well done ❤️
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Managed to do some meditation to help myself.
    Awesome stuff everybody! ❤️

I had a shower I think. Yeah I did! 😛🤣
    Put the washing on. I took some time away earlier when I was upset to be alone. 

It's great to be proud of the little things cause they all add up too! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I took notes for a friend since she had to miss the lesson. I really struggle with note taking I’m dyspraxic meaning my handwriting is often all over the place. Often I can’t even read it the next day.  And I struggle with the speed the teacher goes. But my friend has helped me so much , I was determined to be neat. And she can actually read them. I know it seems small but it was a big thing to me  :)
    Not self harmed
    Had a shower! 
    edited January 2021
    Didnt self harm tonight