Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drop your favorite distractions/activities! <3

lara_maclara_mac Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
Hello everyone!

How are you this morning? 

I thought this morning we could all drop our favorite distractions! Inside or outside, messy or tidy! 
I'll start it off!

• Baking! (especially now, I love baking for my family & relatives!
  • Gardening! (Who doesn't like a new plant!?)  :)
  • Reading (Really dig into your book, its a great escape!)

I hope everyone is okay this morning, always here to chat. Trust me, I can talk about anything and everything! 
    Take care xox <3

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Ohh! I love this idea - I gotta think of some things. Usually I like to do sports but exercising has been a chore for me during lockdown. 

I love playing with my rats and my hamsters. My wee babas

Sometimes I love a good read or a nice bath as well
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    edited December 2020
    This sounds like a good idea! 
    • Drawing / Doodling - I tend to drawing most of the time, especially during a lesson to prevent me from sleeping 

• Playing games - I like play games a lot like rhythm, arcade games on my phone, will happily to have a competition if I know how to play that game or good at it :lol:

• Journaling - Writing is very useful to me and helps me to calm myself from overthinking at times. I'm not good at writing but write about my feelings and life is good.
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
  • SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    For me it's probably running and a bit of reading.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Ooh I love this idea @lara_mac, it’s great to have threads like this that we can all look back on too. 

Mine have to be: 

Music!! I couldn’t live without music.

Playing with my labrador, he’s adorable and he still acts like a puppy even though he’s nearly 3 lol.

I know this isn’t great for a lot of people but I actually find social media somewhat helpful, if I avoid certain apps (facebook) then I find it a good distraction. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    edited December 2020
    Hey guys distractions for me are music watching my Fave TV show talking to friends eating my favourite sweets ❤️
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Must agree baking is fun, for Christmas I made a trifle and an orange cheesecake with my mum which was a nice break. Listening to music is also a great one for me.
  • phoebe_phoebe_ Deactivated Posts: 17 Settling in
    Love this thread idea!

In no particular order, my top three distractions are probably:

1) Swimming (when the pools are open that is... quick tip for those wanting to enjoy this relaxing form of exercise: outdoor pools/lidos are still open in tier 4!)

2) Walking (I love to listen to an interesting or funny podcast while exploring a green space)

3) Cooking (I find that after a stressful day or a period of feeling low, if I get stuck into a new recipe while listening to upbeat music, this can really help to centre me)
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    - Journaling - When I'm having a really bad day or having a breakdown, my energy's focused on writing. I write until I'm tired then I have a bit of quiet time.

- Music - Music all the way! <3

- Photography - I take photos around my area from time to time. It's the same thing but there's always something new to look at.

- Doodling/Colouring