Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New Year's Resolutions

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
I know it's a little early but I thought now was a good time to start thinking about what you wanna get out of the new year - writing them down often encourages you to make the changes! 

Even buddy up and vow to check in on each other as we go on to make sure we're sticking to these and keep each other motivated. 

This year has been difficult for everyone and I know how hard it is to look ahead to the future, but every single person on here is amazing and deserves happiness. 

So I wanna hear your new year's resolutions and how you plan to achieve them! If you need a little help and motivation, don't be afraid to reach out for help!
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    For me I want to get running more, eat healthier and be happier. 

How I plan to do this? I'm gonna try and set myself more of a routine. I think exercising and eating healthier in turn will help me feel happier! My mental health will benefit from the schedule 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I want to finish my placement and try to keep my anxiety in a good place, but remember to talk to people if it’s not. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    I want to get better at the exercising and healthy eating, maybe some more reading and writing too 
  • Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
    Love this, @Anch0r33

Loads of really nice resolutions from everyone so far <3 For me, I am going to learn to accept compliments - I am quite guilty of either dismissing it straightaway or not accepting it as a whole. I plan on doing this by a gratitude journal; whatever someone says, I will write it down. That way I can return to it again and again, so one day, when someone compliments me, I will be like 'thank you! it is true, I am x and y!'
  • dante96dante96 Deactivated Posts: 14 Settling in
    Agreed, all amazing resoultions for 2021.

@Thomas I was also thinking about learning a 2nd language (maybe Spanish)

Which one did you have in mind?
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    My New Year's resolution is to give myself more opportunities to improve on myself. I want to make sure I have the tool and resilience to help my mental health and I also want to develop a schedule so I know I can get everything done whilst having time to chill - the biggest goal will be to stick with this I think
    Alis propriis volat 
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Haven't really thought of one yet and I normally end up loosing on literally the first day however I guess never hurts to give it a go. For me, I think it's going to be about taking care of myself and finding a way to put myself first but still help others.