Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

staying awake n stuff

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
how do u stay awake wen u desperatly want to go to bed,

XMAS!!!!
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Hey Ellie!

It sounds like your tired but you're trying to stay awake, is this at night or during the day? If it's during the day I always like do something that doesn't take much energy just to keep my mind awake and then slowly work up to something that requires more energy! I often watch a TV show or colour something, anything simple really!

Are you getting excited to Christmas?!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    scandi xmas :), almon hunting is fun . we hav it 24th with duck with slices of orange on the plate, nd we sing funny danish xmas songs, its only time i hav aalborg schnapps :):):)

wat english do? :)
    Crazy mad insane
    Traditionally in England people have Turkey for Christmas dinner (I don't though, I'm vegetarian!) but it differs from house to house. My family usually meet on Christmas to exchange gifts and then we watch films, listen to Christmas songs etc and just spend time together!

Your Christmas sounds lovely! I've never done almond hunting or listened to Danish Christmas songs but maybe I'll check them out! 

Is that where your family is from? :smile:  
    Alis propriis volat 

we put the almon in big bowl of danish christmas pudding n we have to look 4 it if we do we get prize :)

Crazy mad insane
    denmark
    Crazy mad insane
    Ah I think there's an English version of that where you put a penny or something in a christmas pudding! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    What's your fave Danish Christmas song @ellie2000 ?! It sounds like you're super excited for Christmas! :smiley: 

Never heard of almond hunting before so that was interesting to learn, sounds fun!  I think @Eleanor is right with the penny... I've never done that either though. 
    En stjerne skinner i nat - the traditional one
    Crazy mad insane