Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Christmas guideline changes and Tier 4 - how are you feeling?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
For those who have seen today's COVID-19 briefing, how are you feeling?

For those who haven't, here's the BBC's summary. :)  
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    It’s going to be frustrating for work , the families won’t be able to come and see them over the festive and we won’t be able to have them all in on one day on Christmas Day .
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’m just waiting to see if Scotland follows, it doesn’t really affect me as we never have a big gathering at Christmas and we’re only seeing one other household anyway but I feel so sad for the people it does have an impact on, so many people were relying on this relaxation of rules to improve their mental health. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Awwwwk man. Gonna be tough for so many people :( . Waiting for Nicola's announcement to tell us we're following suit. 

So sorry @GreenTea <3
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Sending big hugs to you @GreenTea, you won’t be alone in the way that you feel I can imagine this was what many people were holding onto. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Definitely a sting for some, I kind of agree with the 5 day thing being reduced to 1 I always thought it should be Christmas and boxing day 5 days was quite some time. Like Covid was just being paused.  Its Annoying for sure he really should have said this sooner. They waited days knowing the new strain was out there. I think the promise of 5 whole days was a bad idea getting peoples hopes up.

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Sending huge hugs to everyone who might have to change their plans now xx
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I mean tbf knew it was gonna happen, but being told by my family that I can visit them to yesterday being told I can't and then 20 minutes later deciding I can. 

Now they won't have me again. Constant fucking with how I feel and acting like they can't do anything about it. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Sorry to hear that @GreenTea. ☹️

It's a real shame for people who cannot spend Christmas with anyone this year and it seems that this decision was left a little too late.

Sending my best to everyone who cannot have their Christmas ❤️😔
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Virtual hugs! I know this tough You have. A reason when you're going back to uni so try not to sweat it x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sending hugs to all those who need them :heart:

We are all here for you :smile::heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My sister said she is still coming for Christmas and said she is dropping off a present if she gets pulled over   

Anyway I’m not that bothered by it. Need a break from work
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    People are being fined on the spot at London train stations for trying to leave 🙃 urghhhh. Sucks I won't see my brother for even longer now
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    It isn't really going to impact me with Christmas because my family weren't having anyone come over but I know that it is going to ruin the plans of a lot of other people. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
    Virtual hugs, everyone! Whilst I'm gutted I won't be able to see my sister this year, I am also sort of relieved I don't have to make the decision about going or not; whatever I would decide would have left me with so much anxiety!
  • thisfinesocialscenethisfinesocialscene Deactivated Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    I hope everyone is ok, all of the feelings expressed throughout this thread are very understandable. It is not easy having plans/routines/hopes chopped and changed so regularly and seemingly arbitrarily.

Not getting back home to Scotland (from London) to see family and friends has taken a bit of time for me to process having only been back once briefly since last Christmas. However having support (even virtually) via this community and elsewhere still makes me and hopefully others feel connected.

Do keep reaching out and speaking about what is on your mind if you can - there is always support available.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Sending virtual hugs to each and every one of you :heart:

How did everybody's Christmas Day go in the end? :heart: