Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

On a Scale of 1-10 How are you Feeling Today?

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Gonna put myself at a 6 for now haha but it is only 10.30am... so there’s time.

Why it isn’t higher: last night was really hard, and I dunno if today will be any better. But can only hope lol. I really should do some cleaning as well but whether that happens or not ... hmm

Why it isn’t lower: I had a lie in this morning and when I woke up my phone wasn’t dead (seems silly but it has been the past few days).

What I could do: I think probably just relax and do something nice. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I think I'm up to an 8 just now. 

Why isn't it higher? Erm I think overall I've been a little depressed recently and I haven't really gotten over that. 

Why isn't it lower? I just got selected for the national team with one of my sports at senior level. I'm honestly so happy about it. I'm in contact with a lawyer and overall things seem to be going well. I've also got my laser eye surgery appointment tomorrow! 

What can I do to get higher? I'm going to get a nice sleep and see how I wake up! 

It's crazy how some positive news can really boost your mood. I went from basically a 4 to an 8 as soon as the email came through. It shows me I really care about my sports <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I'm gonna say a 7 today. Still feeling good but the motivation isn't really there.

Why it isn't higher - I guess I'm still tired and haven't really woken up yet. We'll see what happens. Norman is annoying me. 

Why isn't it lower - I've got my appointment today. Things seem to be going well still so I'm feeling pretty decent. Norman seems to be growing back lol. 

What can I do to get higher - I'm gonna get up, wash my face, have some food, brush my teeth and get ready to go for my appointment. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    edited December 2020
    Number 7 for now,

Why isn't higher: Got a lot of work to do including my own duties and english course for study abroad, just saying that grammars can be overwhelming most of the time and everything just seems lonelier and sad right now.

Why isn't lower: I finally play animal crossing that I hiatus from 5 months ago, my island is still messed up because my island isn't finish designed yet, but it did made me wanna playing it again, and about my job, I made friends with my co-workers and I can make a joke and laugh with them.

What can I do to feel better? 
    Playing animal crossing to continue decorate my island again, doing their chores are still the best after I haven't play it for months actually. I wrote to talk myself on my journal to say that I'm okay and I'm already doing what's for the best now, it immediately calms me down very drasticaly and I'm shook! :lol:
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
    edited December 2020
    I always struggle to put an actual number of it haha but maybe a 4?

Why it isn’t higher: just feeling generally rubbish honestly I really thought I was getting there lol but apparently no. Little things are affecting me and I just want to sit in here alone. 

Why it isn’t lower: should reflect on positives really so today I wrapped the rest of my christmas presents, and this evening I went for a drive up to Glasgow with my sisters for a maccies and a drive around. Didn’t want to go at first really but once I’d left and we had the music on etc it was actually pretty fun. Best bit was us all singing Harry Styles top of our voices on the way back music on loud.

What I could do: oh god I don’t know :joy: nothing seems to work at the moment but I’ve got some nice music on at the moment and might watch some TV for a bit. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    I'll put number 8 today! :)

Why isn't higher: Half of the day is boring, I'm basically companied my mom to buy some groceries and watching out my mom's shop until evening. Other than that, a lot of my guilt-shame thoughts are still here and I really want to isolate myself again everytime I talk to someone like what if I said something that's wrong and they don't want to talk to me anymore?
    I feel like I bothered them too much, it's very hard for me to break these habits.

Why isn't lower: Because of Christmas-Eve, all of my dad's employes celebrated by eating lunch together at the restaurant. For dinner, my family and I decided to celebrate by eating pizzas and spaghettis together and we even watch the horror movie. I ended up go to room first because I want to sleep early again, and I think I'm a little bit scared to watch The Nun.

What I can do: Nothing much, but I think I should go to bed earlier , taking naps might be help, and watch something unusual videos or films to watch. 
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I’m probably a 6

Why isn’t it higher- I don’t know, I’ve had this rotten feeling all day. I constantly feel like crying but have no idea why. I just feel like I’m shaky, I feel like I’ve done something wrong but I can’t work out what.

Why isn’t it lower- it’s Christmas Eve and I’m excited to see how happy my cousin will be tomorrow. I’ve got a lot of wonderful people around me and I’m grateful for that. 

What could I do- I’m going to listen to music for a little bit then going to go bed, hopefully get a good night sleep.

I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and if anyone ever needs anything I’m always here  :)
  • dante96dante96 Deactivated Posts: 14 Settling in

Hi @Aidan ,

Its amazing to see that you’re working on your MH. Going for a walk is a great idea, I find it helps me to think more clearly.

Also your idea of writing thoughts during different times is great. You’ll be able to see how far you have come and the progress you have made towards your MH. Very intuitive.

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited December 2020
    Number: I don't think i can feel better than this so i'm going to put it as a 10 

Why it isn't higher:  You've not given me the option to?! :smiley:  Nah, i'm still feeling a little under the weather. It's supposed to be  my last day of self isolation today but i've still got a fever so i've gotta stay in for a little longer AGHHHH. Also i'm really really energetic today and i'm go go go so i'm quite worried about having an energy crash later in the day. I think a few of my friends are having quite rough days and so i don't really want to wave my good mood in their faces because that's rubbish of me so i'm trying to distance myself from that but also at the same time letting them know that i'm there if they need me :)

Why it isn't lower: I've been feeling FULL of energy since last night, woke up and was still full of energy. Back on my meds to try and keep my mood at a happy medium. It's a SNOW DAY so i went out and made a snow man in the garden. He's kinda ugly but we r embracing it <3   I bought the cat a cat tower thingy and a bed to hook over the radiator and i'm really looking forward to showing her those and got the CUTEST pics of my dog, Boots enjoying the snow :smiley:

What I could do:  
    Going to try and take it easy so i dont have a crash later in the day, avoiding anything that will make me more hyper like sugary stuff and uhhhh idk maybe ill play some games or watch a movie if i can sit still for it :tongue:
    Erm I'm feeling okay I think. Maybe go for a 7? 

Even though I made this post, I find it quite difficult sometimes. It's good to use though. I'm not great at understanding my feelings so the process just makes me overall more aware yaknow? 

Why isn't it lower? It's my newphews birthday today so we got to take him to the shops to pick some toys and clothes with some birthday/Christmas money (he lives with us so not breaking any rules). 

Why isn't it higher? I've got a bit of a stingy *hooha* so probably got a urine infection or like a kidney infection coming on. We'll see what happens, it's just super uncomfortable and sore tbh. I went for a bath hoping the pain would stop, it did while I was in the bath but tbh made it worse afterwards. My bfs family had the kids parents over because of my nephew's bday and obviously that was breaking rules which really pissed me off tbf. 

What can I do to feel better? I've been proper just eating and snacking all day. It's not really like me. I'm not feeling a lot of anything tbh so think the eating is a result of that. Erm I think I just need to keep going with the day and have a good rest 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited December 2020
    I’m a 5.

Why isn’t it higher: I’m not sure I’m just letting thoughts get on top of me right now.

Why it isn’t lower: I’ve gotten support from some amazing people. I’m trying to be kinder to myself and I’ve been watching Disney movies which have helped keep me distracted.

What I could do: I need to get update with school work. Manage my thoughts better. I think I need a break from technology in particular social media for a while too. And more Disney films.

This is an amazing thread anchor it’s been helping me a lot lately. Big thank you hug, and a hug to anyone who may need  it.  <3
    edited December 2020
    I’m probably a 5.

Why it isn’t higher: just having a hard day feeling quite low and struggling to find energy to do simple things. 

Why it isn’t lower: (possible TW but in a positive sort of way) I’m again 2 weeks completely SH free, before that I did 4 weeks. Maybe I’m getting better at dealing with things after all and counselling is helping. So yeah proud of that. Also been enjoying having time to relax and spend with family over Christmas, normally they’re too busy. 

What I could do: I neeeeeed to keep myself distracted :joy: I was meant to go to the shop 2 hours ago but haven’t so I must do that. Will listen to some nice music and maybe finish making my playlist with all the songs I’ve ever liked on it (for those moments where I don’t know what to listen to lol). Might watch bake off too (I know who won but still haven’t seen the last episode haha). 
    @awesomeminecraft6789 you're never to late to join in, don't worry! This is just to be a useful wee tool to help you get in touch with your feelings. 

Have you had a think about what's stopping you from getting to a 2? 

Once you think about what's stopping you, then you can have a think about how you can get there - what steps you can do :) 

What do you think about that? 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Number : 9/10

Why it isn’t higher: We’ve been celebrating Christmas today as we weren’t able to celebrate on the 25th it’s been brilliant but I’m feeling a little bit over whelmed and tired now because of how social I’ve been and how much talking I’ve done. I think I’d really appreciate half hour alone in my bedroom to get me thoughts together  but I know that’ll insult mam so just waiting it out and looking forward to bed time . 

Why it isn’t lower: Today has been fabbb, I’ve been so excited to celebrate Xmas and it’s been so much fun. I got some of the best presents and I have really enjoyed family time. Felt really blessed to be able to FaceTime family who live abroad and see them all together😊 OH and the cat tree I bought came today and i looks amazeeee but the cat isn’t interested in it... yet!!!!😂 

What I could do : I’m going to sit and watch a few games instead of taking part. Feel like I need a good nap so I might try and see if I can get away with closing my eyes for a sec :lol: 

• awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Anch0r33 said:
    @awesomeminecraft6789 you're never to late to join in, don't worry! This is just to be a useful wee tool to help you get in touch with your feelings. 

Have you had a think about what's stopping you from getting to a 2? 

Once you think about what's stopping you, then you can have a think about how you can get there - what steps you can do :) 

What do you think about that? 
    I agree with you and I think that could work thanks so much 😊