Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Coming clean - I'm sorry for my actions

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
edited December 2020 in General Chat
I've got a few things that I need to clear off my chest here, and make the community aware of. 

Last Monday I made a mistake. I misinterpreted a situation and allowed it to blow up. I did what I thought was right, but it really, really wasn't.  

I went into chat as a guest and I said that I was one of Kasa's classmates. The reason I did this was to give Kasa a bit of a shock about the consequences of her actions. I understand though, now, that I acted impulsively on my emotions and that it was wrong for me to do that. 

I have been told that I can be seen as a role model on this site, something that means an awful lot to me. However I understand if people feel unable to trust me again. 

I wanted to apologise to the community, I wanted to be as transparent as I can to all of you. I wanted to let you all know how sorry I am for anyone I gave a fright to. 

My intentions were to protect the community, when in fact, I really did fuck up and gave everyone a fright. 

Apologising wasn't something I originally wanted to do. I thought that you guys would judge me and not be able to trust me again, but after some thinking, I decided that it was better for the community to know that they don't need to worry than for me to feel protected. 

I was worried about people judging me and maybe not replying to my posts when I needed help. I felt like I would get alienated for my actions. 

I was asked if I would feel comfortable sending Kasa a pm about this. I thought long and hard about the people that might have been impacted, and tbh I'm not sure who that might be. More than Kasa anyway. You guys deserve to know the truth. I'm sorry I didn't do this sooner. 

I hope you can all forgive me, even if I don't deserve it, and I hope that you can all see that I had good intentions at heart, but I acted impulsively and didn't think the consequences through. Let this be a lesson to myself to think before I act. And anyone reading this let this be a lesson to not do what I did. 

Again I understand if you guys don't want to see me around again, if this is the case, I'm happy to ask for my account to be deleted or for me to simply not return. I'll leave it up to you guys anyway. 

I really regret what I did, and now the situation has calmed down I do feel able to come clean about it. 

I've been told that mistakes happen, but inflicting fear on you guys isn't fair and it's not who I am. 

I've felt guilty even being on this site talking to you all. This apology is needed, not just for you guys, but for me as well. Mentally I couldn't handle hiding this from everyone. Being open and honest is how I spoke to @The Mix so being open and honest is how I'm going to speak to all of you. This apology isn't a requirement, it's something that I feel I have to do. 

Kasa, I just want to apologise again. I'm sorry. 
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @Eleanor thank you for this, it certainly is reassuring to know that you feel this way. It's nice to know that you think of me this way and that this doesn't change anything between us. I hope it's the same for everyone else. 

I'm not really sure how to get over this bad feeling, but my mental health has taken a low dip. I'm feeling a bit stuck tbh. This post really isn't about me though, it's about my apology to the community. 

@Aidan I also really appreciate your message and you taking time out of your day for me. Like you both say, it wasn't easy, but it was the right thing to do. I think you both saw the development from after to now and how I felt about this, I hope I can continue to help make the community a good place. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    And I really don't deserve you guys, all the hugs and support I'm getting, I really don't. 

I'm so thankful for you all though, idk what I'd do without you <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sending hugs and love your way anchor 💕
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited December 2020
    @SpaceOtter sent this to me to cheer me up so I have decided to put this on here to send positive vibes after what has been a really hard time. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    @Dancer I think we have both learned and grown from this incident. It's very brave of you also to apologise and ask for forgiveness. 

Okay so I'm gonna draw a line and this means everyone on the community has moved on and this won't come up in conversation again on here (unless necessary obviously!). 

Everyone is forgiven, and everything is forgotten - except the lessons that we have learned. 

Anyways here's the line, can we all agree that this is what we need. 

How is everyone doing on this side of the line? 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I'm doing okay now. How are you?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    How are you doing today anchor? Doing anything nice today?
    Aw @Dancer that's good to hear, I'm glad. I'm exhausted but okay. I didn't sleep till after 4 lol

@GreenTea I'm doing alright except being exhausted. I think we're dropping off an old rat cage with a breeder/rescuer who needs some spares, maybe wrapping some presents! What about you? 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Make sure you get some rest and self care in there too! You deserve it 💕
    Thank you GT, I appreciate that. I think it'll be an early night tonight, or a midday nap lol we'll see how it goes
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    This must’ve took some real guts, fair play. I hope that you’re okay.. We all make mistakes and you have contributed a lot of good to the community, it wouldn’t be the same without you 💙

Awe @Liam thank you, this means a lot. The support you guys have all shown me has really proved that making this post was the right thing to do. You all made this so much easier than I deserved and for that I'm so thankful 💙
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Anchor, you are amazing!! This took a lot for you to post I can see that and I think we can all understand that you did what you did with very good intentions. I hope we can all move on as a community <3<3<3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_ thank you for this, honestly the support I've received has been amazing. I don't deserve you guys. I'm so thankful to have you all as friends 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `