Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

On a Scale of 1-10 How are you Feeling Today?

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
Hey guys, this is something I learned in my training and actually used in my second shift. It worked so well with the person I used it on and wanted to bring it here. 

Okay so if 1 is the lowest you could be and 10 is the highest, what number would you say you're feeling? 

Okay, you got that? 

So what's making you that number instead of a number higher? What's keeping you from dropping to a number lower? 

Had a think about that? Awesome.

Now I want you to think about what steps can you take to get yourself one number higher? What's stopping you? 

This is a small but really useful thing that honestly worked so well. 

You guys can keep track of your numbers here if you want so you can look back, or even answer all the questions so that you can look back at your progress. 

Also remember, it's okay to be a 1, because we can always get up to a 2. 

If you're a 10, think about ways to stay there, what can you do to keep yourself a 10? 

I hope this helps at least one person, seeing it work so well, I thought I had to share :) 
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Ohhh good one!

I’d say right now I’m at a solid 8 but I’m not too sure what I could do to boost it a little higher! 

This is great though, I’ll use it fa sho... esp when I’m feeling a wee bit rubbish 

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    This is great I'm going to write it down in my one note so I can have a daily check in! :)

I think I'd put myself at a 7 maybe today! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    edited December 2020
    I think I'll put myself at 4. For now, I'm feeling pretty drained today, I decided to take a break from replying some for a while. I still have insomia for few days so I don't get much rest. 
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @Liam and @Laine it's a great wee tool, so simple but really thought provoking! 

@Sneakylilmocha that's okay! Have you had a think about what you can do to get yourself to a 5? Taking a break can be a great way to let yourself recharge 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I'm not 100% sure what I am today. Possible a 4 as well. Feels like I've been really stressed out recently with a lot of things. Once my exam is done on Monday I think that'll take a weight off. Once I get my results back I'm hoping that helps me get up the scale higher. 

Right now I think Norman (some people know lol) is keeping me down, and that will take months to fix. 

I'm not a 3 because I've been able to get up, I managed to cover Norman up and I've been more active on here and talking to people in general, which feels good. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Taking break from things would be nice. Maybe finishing my homeworks sooner and playing childhood games? I haven't think about that much because it's hard for me to get away these feelings.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited December 2020
    This is an extremely helpful post anchor. I’ve heard this technique from helplines before  but I completely forgot about it , thank you so much for sharing. 

I was a  5 but after watching some films and taking a few minutes to sit and just think  I’m probably a 7.

Good luck for your exam. We’re all here for you if you ever need anything.  <3
    You’re an amazing kind caring person anchor, we are so lucky to have you. But don’t forget to take things at your own pace. Take care and thank you again for such a wonderful post  :)
    Taking break from things would be nice. Maybe finishing my homeworks sooner and playing childhood games? I haven't think about that much because it's hard for me to get away these feelings.
    That sounds like a good plan!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    @SpaceOtter I'm so glad you've found it helpful and a good post!

It's so good to hear that you're a 7, especially jumping up 2 numbers, thanks fantastic! 

Thank you so much, it's so appreciated, I'll update you all with my exam in chat once it's done! 

The community is a better place for having you, so thank you for being here and your kind comments! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’d say I was a 7 today I’m pretty tired because I’ve just got back from work but I’m not going to do anything for the rest of the day so I’m hoping it’ll get better
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    I've had some time to reflect on my number will post it below if it's okay! :) 

So I put 7/10

Why it isn't higher: I can't really explain it but you know those slow days? I feel I haven't done much. I'm like constantly not awake,  lethargic. Just going to be a day I don't amount to anything lol

Why it isn't lower: I too have a really loving partner one I know I could tell anything, one who will never fail to cheer me up ❤️ the wonderful doggo I could never be upset looking at 🤣 I've also gone for a walk and enjoyed the really lovely Christmas lights! I also know I'm a pretty okay person when it comes to others x

What I could do:
    I'm going to get some good tunes on soon never fails to bring me up, I might have a chill evening, watch something nice. And most importantly get some stuff done so I don't feel as though I'm wasting my time away.
    Maybe do something with my partner, play some games or just have a Good talk :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm feeling a 4 today. I'm exhausted from work and just struggling mentally and stressed about a lot of things..
    Can't bring myself to get out of bed really. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Number: 4/10

Why not higher: Pretty sure i've got the dreaded man flu :lol: i'm feeling super poorly today and idk just feeling a bit sorry for myself lol

Why not lower: Lifes just alright init!

What I could do: Sleep and hope i wake up feeling less poorly lol.... i'm listening to some music and doing nothing though
    It's okay too a lower number, I've been finding it helpful using this scale and learning to pinpoint why I feel how I do and what I can do to feel better. 

I've got myself a vodka and coke to try and de-stress a little. It didn't work so well yesterday but hey we'll try again (dw I'm not am alcoholic lol I never drink)
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I gonna check again today, I hope it's okay.

I give myself 6/10 today.

Why isn't lower: This might be complicated, but I answered some asks in tumblr. One of them is about overcoming burnout and the other one is validating their past, helping them gives me determination most of the time. I try to do some advices here and my own advices that I already researched from this morning.

Why isn't higher: I'm still pretty much tired like yesterday, I can't sleep bacause my mind is racing all the time and I do feel guilt until now, but it wasn't bad as yesterday now.

I explain this too much sometimes, so my bad. :lol:
    Anyways, I found this idea is pretty helpful. Sorry that I forgot to say it yesterday.
    @Sneakylilmocha I'm so glad you like this idea! Honestly use it as much as you like!! 

I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better than yesterday. It's great to hear that helping others makes you feel good. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I think I'm feeling a 5 today

Why it isn't higher - I've got an exam which is a little stressful, I'm still waiting to hear back from social work about an appointment with them and I'm a bit nervous about how my mental health assessment went. I should hear back from that this week sometime. I also ran out of contact lenses and my glasses are the wrong prescription. 

Why it isn't lower - well I'm not hungover, I'm feeling good and the exam is open book. It doesn't have to be handed in until tomorrow although they suggest only spending 1.5 hours on it. I'm getting an appointment with social work no matter what and I've had a mental health assessment and was able to be honest about it. So things are going well, they're just not immediate so they can't help me right now. I've got great friends and a supportive family and I'm able to talk to all of you guys. 

What I'm going to do to feel better - by the end of today I want to get myself to a 6 or push for a 7. I can do this by looking after myself - I'm having a bath rn before my exam. After my bath I'm going to create a plan for my exam and then work on writing it. It says it shouldn't take longer than 1.5 but we won't get graded down if we take longer, so I'm going to take a few breaks and let my mind take some breaks. I'm going to make sure I eat and drink properly today. I'm also going to contact camhs about my records as I was supposed to email last week and forgot (someone make sure I send it lol). 

Wow that's a big plan but I'm gonna take it step by step :) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I love this idea!

I’m not sure, I’d maybe put myself at a 5 too?

Why isn’t it higher: don’t know just feeling a bit down and not much energy. 

Why isn’t it lower: I mean I got 11 hours of sleep last night and I don’t really have anything pressing I need to do so I can relax a bit.

What I can do to feel better: I might listen to music but that’ll probably always be my answer to this question loolll 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    4🥺
    edited December 2020
    Appreciate ya Liam agree with Anchor you've helped me through so much I always hope to return the favour and I'm sorry if sometimes I don't but you know I'm here ❤️

My number rn would be eh 5 I think that's middle ground.

Why not higher: pfft what a day okay so there was a huuge farce getting my meds went up today managed to get em. Then I remembered I had counselling. Drove me to tears and I didn't answer phone lol I do feel better after a little cry but I just feel meh now. Fragile and just irrational. Feel easily ignored, or left out cause everyone else is happy yanno

Why not lower: Got an awesome squad of pals I care for and who cares about me. A partner who i know loves me and his lovely doggo who makes a good crying buddy. 

What I can do to feel better: I'm going to make a cuppa, play a drawing game or something lol maybe watch some nice stuff. Just take it easy on me I'm giving myself tonight to feel uneasy I'm not okay and that's okay. Gonna wake up tomorrow and start new day over :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I think today I've been a bit all over the place with my scale but I'd say overall around a 7

Why not higher: I did some tough work in therapy that left some feelings hanging around and I was also so nervous to have therapy that I didn't sleep very well!

Why not lower: I made it through the therapy session and it went really well! I'm proud of giving it my best shot and I'm looking forward to working in myself.

What can I do to feel better: Hot chocolate and Christmas film in bed I think! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Looks like a lot of people have had a tough day today, sending hugs to everyone <3 

I dunno today maybe a 5 again? Just feeling tired and a bit fed up really nothing in particular. 

Why isn't it higher: had a counselling session which was quite tough, spoke about things which I don't really like talking about. Just thinking about a lot of things which I shouldn't be and overthinking stuff a lot today. 

Why isn't it lower: although it was tough I think counselling was helpful. I also went to training for first time since coming out of lockdown and saw one of my best friends, she makes me laugh so much and I spent a lot of time in the session laughing instead of swimming (oops) :) 

What I can do to feel better: I made a cuppa when I got in and listened to some music and just having a bit of time to myself. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited December 2020
    I’d say I’m a 4

Why isn’t it higher: my teacher rang the house today. Now my parents know I’m talking to someone at school, it shouldn’t bother me but it does. I’ve felt on edge all day but have no clue why. And I’ve given myself ear ache from listening to music too much 😂

Why isn’t it lower: Because I’m here alive , with two loving parents , a wonderful support network around me and I’m seven weeks self harm free. I’m learning to be kinder to myself. And I’m incredibly grateful for everyone here, you’ve all helped me feel less alone.  <3

What could I do to feel better: I’m going to write some things down, watch a bit of tv and sit with my dog for a little while. 

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    What’s the point anymore 💔🥺
    edited December 2020
    Emoji246 said:
    What’s the point anymore 💔🥺
    Sending hugs to you, I hope you feel better 💜💜
    I think I'm like a 5 today, I'm not really sure why. Probably just lasting feelings from messing up my hair and my wee breakdown on Monday. 

Why I'm not higher - I guess I'm just a happy medium, there's nothing really that I can pinpoint. I'm just really tired tbh. 

Why I'm not lower - again I'm a little unsure. I've finished the first semester for this year, my exams are done. 

What I can do to feel better - erm I think I just need a good sleep tbh. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `