Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

(TW: self harm)

SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
edited December 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
If I only had harmed myself when I had a mental breakdown and instantly having an urge to harm without  injuries and saying things to myself while harm myself in front of my family , is this still counted as self harm?
I'm curious, I done that a few times before but I didn't do it anymore.

(Edited by moderator, to remove potential triggers)
"Grow from the dirt they left you in."
Post edited by Jade09 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hi, yes I think this would still class as self harm, but that's okay. Labels are there for a lot of reasons but don't let this bring you down. 

You've done a great job sharing this and it's great to hear that you don't do it anymore. 

Sometimes it can be really difficult to deal with urges like this, so I'm really proud of you for being able to stop :) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    edited December 2020
    Thank you @Anch0r33

I do doubt it as self harm at first but, as I expected, it really was counted as self harm behaviour and I agree, it was very hard for me to stop harming myself when everything is just too much for me. 

And again, thanks for your answer and listening to me, it really helps! :smile::heart:
  • Kesh260807Kesh260807 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    edited December 2020
    If I only had harmed myself when I had a mental breakdown and instantly having an urge to harm without injuries and saying things to myself while harm myself in front of my family , is this still counted as self harm?
    I'm curious, I done that a few times before but I didn't do it anymore.

yes it does  please try and stop there are some coping methords on this website but dont be worried if some dont work as they dont always work for everyone

(Edited by moderator to remove potential triggers)
    Post edited by JustV on
    You are loved and you are amazing
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @Sneakylilmocha and @Kesh260807 I have just edited your posts slightly to make sure that there's nothing that may trigger any of the other users.

I hope thats okay, let me know if you have any questions!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    Hi @Jade09!
    It's completely okay, thanks for editing it!