Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quote a day thread ♥️

1234568»

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    The  love and attention you always thought you wanted from someone else, is the love and atention   you first need to give to yourself. 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl

On my wax warmer <3
    h3shd1yti9ik.jpeg
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    vmuh3ymjavbn.jpg

one of my all time faves
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Mental-Health-Quotes-5.jpg

• AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    4orukrkaym10.png

You're all awesome! :3 xx
    “For the pain you’re feeling right now can not compare to the joy that’s coming” -Romans 8:18
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    aytx27hkukue.jpg

I saw this picture on Instagram today and thought it was a really nice reminder about the importance of taking breaks <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife wrote: »
    aytx27hkukue.jpg

I saw this picture on Instagram today and thought it was a really nice reminder about the importance of taking breaks <3

Definitely. It’s hard to remember sometimes
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
    uzhiobo5fx2j.jpg

:)
    Won't you come over and watch the stars with me?

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    I love everyone's posts! Thanks so much for sharing :)

The quote I have chosen reads "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" <3

ugghdf0wtk6s.png

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    This one

48twb53cyepd.jpeg

• sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,004 Wise Owl
    t61e085tqvjt.jpg
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited November 2022
    "I'm just me. I'm not perfect, I'm me. I've made bad decisions and wrong choices, but I'm me. I've said the wrong things and I've said the right things, because I'm me. I don't like everything I've done, but I did it because I'm me. I've loved the wrong people and trusted the wrong people and I'm still me. If I had the chance to start again, I wouldn't change a thing. Why? Because I'm me. There are a lot of good things about me, you just need to look past the imperfections to see what's right. If you can't do that then it's your loss. I'm the best I can be. I am me."

~ Unknown
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited November 2022
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

~ Mark Twain
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    This is going to sound crazy when I say this quote but it's actually something from a monologue that I wrote.

"Not being with you makes me feel as though I am a sandwich without the bread."
    "For Drama you just got life and you've got soaps."

~ Emily from Educating Cardiff
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,004 Wise Owl
    levr6t5pba62.jpg