Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Nothing like looking forward to a nice, refreshing, ice cold can of Fanta, only to realise you forgot to put it in the fridge earlier AND you have no ice. Why is life so cruel. :pensive:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    2nd day of self isolation and I feel like I am losing my mind.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Put to much tumeric in my sweet potato and chickpea curry 😣😣😣
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Getting frustrated it’s been over 6 months since I lost any help for my Anxiety and no other service wants to help me with that because I’m still under Primary mental health care for a stupid group that I have no idea when it’s going to start . I just want something, Litreally anything to help . Everyone gets help but me and it’s not fair 😭
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I'm going through similar @Millie2787 I got discharged from my mental health support and haven't had any support over lockdown. 

Tried uni counselling and they were shite. 

I know what it feels like to feel like everyone's getting support except you. 

Now I'm waiting to get on a waiting list that'll probably be like a year long. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @Anch0r33 I even tired reffering myself to the service below I was seeing but they said no because I’m apparently still open to EPMHC and I’ve been in the waiting list for the group since Beginning of April 

how am I expected that my eating disorder is going to get better when my health anxiety isn’t , anxiety triggers my ED :( 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hearing about what the landlady said ticked me off a bit. I'm baffled as to how somone who was so aggressively rude to myself and and friend, has some how managed to come up with the "I felt intimidated by you both"?. 

After vising my friend a fews ago for his birthday the land lady texted him the following morning about a noise complaint from the girl next door (house share) . He apologised in that message and I came down to appologoise to her in the message and she went onnnnn, I came downstairs with my friend to personally applogise only to be met with hostility and aggression. She scolded me like a child and made me feel so small, it was not only what she said but the way that she spoke to me. I wasn't there to argue I just wanted her to know that I was sorry and we had no idea how loud we were being because no one said anything.  If I've done wrong I can 100% acknowledge my wrong doing and apologise which is why I personally came to speak to her.

I asked her if it was a culture thing (to not be direct about things like noise complaints) and before I cold explain she interrupted and implied that I was from a culture where people disrespectful, rude and selfish which honestly hurt and I expressed that. I had to leave in the end because she would not stop and I could feel myself getting upset. I went back upstairs and she shut the door behind me. It was just the way that she spoke to she continued to speak to me, that made me sob for hours. I came down for my friends birthday, Friday night through to Sunday. The only time I recall being loud was during snap and when he tickled me. She made out that we were being unbareable and seemed to exaggerate and make things worse for her own benefit. 
    Passing 2 weeks the only time she speaks to my friend is tell him that she felt intimidated by us and that we were all up in her personal space. I was shocked. I've  never met a grown adult be so fickle and manipulative. I was raised by strict parents who raised me to respect my elders and would beat my ass if I even thought about raising a tone to them let alone any other adults. And as for my friend all you need to do is look at him to realise what she said was a complete lie an a way to gain power over a situation the she did wrong in. The worst part is she's known for that kind of behaviour as well as making other tenants cry. 
    After going through a crisis because of her I let it go and forgot all about it. I tried to see things from her point of view and the other tenant who was upset by the noise and stressed about their teaching job. But when she had the audacity to go back to my friend to tell him that she felt intimidated even I knew that it was utter bullocks and that she thrived on having the upper hand.  Good for her that she feels intimidated from a made up senario, now she knows how I and other people living in that house have been made to feel. She legit pushed me into a crisis to the point where I dint think I'd make the journey home safe. I told my friend to not allow her to manipulative him, she has very abusive tenancies and I'm glad that he's resilient and talking to his family about her. The fact that she went back to tell him that she felt intimidated was only to gain power over the situation and to play victim.

I will never trust anyone who can't accept responsibility for themselves and turn situations around to make other people feel bad. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I wish my managers would not send hours that are in 24 hour time. I’m getting confused and kee mixing up 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Honestly why do I even bother?
    My phone almost got hacked because someone decided to text me from a mobile number claiming to be Lloyd's Bank saying that a new payee had been created today. I blocked the number, did not click the link that was given and deleted the message. I rang my mum to tell her about what happened. None of my family even use Lloyd's Bank so my number must have been given to whoever it was illegally.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    edited November 2020
    I feel like right now I just need a massive rant, but I have no one who I feel comfortable ranting about everything to. Everyone is either too busy, too close to the situation, knows the people involved or ‘are’ the people involved

I should add I have some great friends and I know they’d get it but something in my brain stops me lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I feel like right now I just need a massive rant, but I have no one who I feel comfortable ranting about everything to. Everyone is either too busy, too close to the situation, knows the people involved or ‘are’ the people involved

I should add I have some great friends and I know they’d get it but something in my brain stops me lol
    Sending hugs :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Sneezing really hurts
    Ever just compare your self to someone else who suicidal and think if you want to die then there is no hope for me
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I was in Health and Social Care and I thought that I lost my face covering at the end of the lesson. After checking my pockets, it was in my blazer pocket! 
    I'm feeling so frustrated. Just come home and cried
    edited December 2020
    Well that was a waste of time. I was supposed to have an ECG today. Got to the GP and it was fine. Then I got called to see the person who was supposed to be doing the ECG. She said that she can't do it because she is not allowed to do ECG's for minors and that I will have to be referred as an urgent case to the hospital to be seen by a paediatrician. She said that if she knew earlier she would have rang my mum and told her not to take me but she only got told by her line manager just before the appointment. So that is at least another 2 weeks.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    wish people would stop treating care kids like they are stray dogs
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @Liam I hope you’re doing ok. I don’t know anything about what you’re going through but if you ever need anything I’m always happy to listen.  <3
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Cheers pal @SpaceOtter just having a wee moan :lol:
    I thought that I lost my bus pass again so I started yelling at the cat as it was sitting on me earlier on when I was playing on my phone. Found it on my bed. Smh. #ShouldHaveGoneToSpecsavers
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I dunno how long you're supposed to give counselling does it grow on you? Really didn't like it so glad it ended lol I think I felt worse cause of it x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Laine Try not to be discouraged! First sessions are always a little rough <3 Perhaps give it another week and if you really dont think it's your thing, you can drop out at any stage. Remember you're the one in control!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Thanks @Eleanor ❤️ just left me meh you know that feeling you get in your chest before a cry? Its like right uncomfortable and ever since I've had it but I can't get rid of it lol was looking forward to it ending 🤣

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    honestly @Laine it took me weeks to even stop feeling worse afterwards, I think it's cause you're talking about things that you maybe wouldn't normally. After some time I really do think I benefit from talking at least. It's really tough at first but best thing I'd say is give it a couple more weeks <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Laine I get the feeling, have you tried crying just to let it out? If you're holding it back that might be why it's not going away. Crying is always better out than in!
    Alis propriis volat 
    edited December 2020
    “What’s around you” 
    me”why do you need to know that”
    them”jusy so I can sign it off that we know you’re safe”
    ”I don’t need you to come thought”

”yeah that’s fine. I don’t think you do either. it’s jusy for our records to write down”
    so I tel them thinking that’s it will close the case

Police pop out of no where 
    fucking liars
    My feet are killing m
    I feel like I'm letting everyone down constantly.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited December 2020
    I've been away celebrating my birthday. I come back here and I'm confused, I'm not even sure I know the whole story of what's happened 😅 Either way,  I'm nervous and excited about this week.

@Millie2787 I need some of your good luck for the assement interview this week 🍀
    Post edited by Salix_alba_2019 on