Homeâ€ș General Chatâ€ș Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    At gymnastics I managed to sort of do a no handed cartwheel. It was only sort of as it started as 2 hands then I managed to get it as no hands near the end.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Fought urges, through using the general chat thread as a distraction, as well as texting a friend and listening to a podcast
    Progressed and been moved at work. So happy
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    2 days clean
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Eat !
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I've been changing the logos on my home screen it's so much fun reminds me how much I miss photo editing 😁

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Run the line at work by myself 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
     did the interview đŸ’ȘđŸ»
    Sent in letter to work
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I broke out of the rut I was in regarding uni work and got some lectures watched and took some notes 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I managed to lead a warm up in dance today all by myself and it went really well. The teacher was proud of me.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    This thread! <3 

Mine is technically from yesterday, but I managed to end the day still smiling after spilling tea all over my Mac... CRY. 
    3 days self harm free
    Did 12 hour shift
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    edited November 2020
    Passed my Shout Crisis Volunteer assessment and training so I'm officially a Crisis Volunteer 🎉🎉
    Alis propriis volat 
    Finished the Physical Development, Intellectual Development, Emotional Development, Social Development and Physical Factors parts of my 1st case study for Health and Social Care. Hopefully going to get a merit or distinction. Just got Social Factors and an Economic Factor left to do before it gets sent to the exam board.
    I'm currently supporting someone I live with, she has really bad anxiety at the moment and she's come to me for support. Today we rang the doctors together to book her an appointment, I sat with her and reassured her through out. I'm proud of myself because my anxiety is wobbly at the moment but I'm using that to help someone esle
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    I'm currently supporting someone I live with, she has really bad anxiety at the moment and she's come to me for support. Today we rang the doctors together to book her an appointment, I sat with her and reassured her through out. I'm proud of myself because my anxiety is wobbly at the moment but I'm using that to help someone else
    I’m really proud of you Green Tea I’m proud of cleaning my shelves out with the help of my support worker and I cleaned a lot oh stuff and got rid of loads of stuff 
    Got through a really hard week and I managed to stay in all lessons today except when the fire alarm went off during Citizenship 
    Kasa2103 said:
    Got through a really hard week and I managed to stay in all lessons today except when the fire alarm went off during Citizenship 
    Well done @Kasa2103 I’m very proud of you 
    Kasa2103 said:
    Well done @Kasa2103 I’m very proud of you 
    Thank you so much. I also held up a sign during the fire drill to tell some year 10 students where to go. I wasn't doing it at first but everyone I was with couldn't be bothered.
    It might sound like a tiny thing but it was a massive thing for me to actually help with that.
    Deep cleaned the kitchen 👌
    I deep cleaned my little apartment on my mum and dads house 
    I welcomed a new member to the mix 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Starting to learn HTML! And my mini cat website is coming along nicely 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Bought a poppy 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Actually managed to wake up and get organised early for once today! Think this must be the first time in years I've done that. :lol:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I bought a raffle ticket for charity 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Feel on the ball today! Woke up early, did a Joe Wicks work out & read some of my book. :smiley: