Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Phone Interview

_Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
Hi guys
I am going on a phone interview in a few days and I am really nervous because I really want the job and I'm scared I might mess up have you guys got any tips.
that will be much-appreciated x

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Emoji246 As long as you answer the questions as best as you can you'll do just fine. What kind of job is it for may I ask? Just curious! :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    The nerves are natural but you'll be just fine <3

Be confident, truthful & most importantly be yourself.  

What type of job are you going for? It might help to write down some of the questions they might ask in the interview and then kinda interview yourself so that you can prep your answers :smiley:

Good luck! :smiley:
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Completely agree @Liam!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    ThankYou  <3@Liam @Eleanor I will tell you guys after my interview because I feel like if I tell people what i'm interviewing for I get bad luck and don't get the job  :/  and I will be really upset if I don't 

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    That's no bother :smiley:  Good luck buddy!
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited November 2020
    Best of luck! I really hope it goes well :heart:

I totally agree with everyone elses advice. Another tip, which sounds simple but can mean a lot, is to smile! Even if this is over the phone, you can quite literally 'hear' when people are smiling, by the way your tone will come across. This will show them your enthusiasm for the job which they'll really appreciate! 

Going off what @Liam  has said about prepping some questions (great point!), there is a website called 'glass door' where people talk about their experiences at different work places They will often talk about their interview process and the questions they were asked. Although the exact questions might not be available, it's always a handy idea so that you can write down a few ideas beforehand...you never know if they'll come in handy :smile:
    @coc0mac Thank you for replying  <3
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Make you spend time practicing some example questions - talking out loud and practice can help us to rehearse and frame our answer, and mentally practicing the situation will help to make the actual thing less nervous. Keep a bottle of water on hand to stay hydrated. If you need more time, ask them to repeat the question. Don't worry about taking a pause - they're happy to wait for an answer! Best of luck, let us know how it goes!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hey so I know this is late, how did it go?
    @One-in-a-million Hey it went ok Thankyou x
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Good to hear xx I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you