Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

An update!

ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
I know my time officially posting on the community has been short (and it's not coming to an end) but I thought I should let you all know that as of Friday I'll no longer be working at The Mix. 

As some of you know I'm currently the Head of Marketing and Communications, but I'm changing my job and sadly leaving The Mix officially, on very good terms, to go work with some companies on transforming their businesses. Exciting and sad at the same time. The potential impact is huge and all the great stuff I've learnt here and heard from you will help me help them make better choices (hopefully).

What does this mean for The Mix? 

Well, my team are still super awesome, and on here, and have dedicated young ambassadors helping them create awesome content, so nothing should change. Eventually they'll be a new Head of Marketing and they'll be super awesome (I'm sure) and hopefully introduce themselves. 

And, The Mix will gain a volunteer. I've literally loved my time here and when I was a teen and in my early 20s (I'm still in my twenties, technically) I would have loved having something like this to be part of and find support. So I'm going to get settled in my new role and then volunteer some of my time. 

Thanks for welcoming me, telling us how to be better and just being generally awesome. I'll definitely still be around (now and again). 

<3 

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Toni no!!!! It's sad to see you leave your role but best of luck for all that's coming in your future! I know you'll smash this new job! 

I can't wait to see you around as a volunteer, I'm glad you want to stay around in the community ! <3 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    This is really sad news. Thank you for everything that you have done on The Mix. <3 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Aww, how sad. I hope the new job is mint and I'm glad that you're still (sort of) sticking around :)
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Thank you for everything you’ve done @Toni. Good luck at your new job x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    Thanks everyone! <3
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Will be sad to see you go Toni it's been lovely having you though good luck in your new job and it's great we will still see you around ❤️

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Good luck with your new job, it sounds great!! Will be great to see you around as a volunteer :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Good luck in your new role!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.