Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What made you laugh today?

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Since people enjoyed my story I'll share it here.

So today I suffered a huge misunderstanding which left both myself and the guy I'm talking to in stitches. For context, I told him that I was getting a new mattress for my bed and I asked him if I should do a backflip on it to test it out knowing full well that I injured my neck doing this once upon a time.

We joked about having to do the flip in a wheelchair if it failed and I said that I'd end up in a casket if I took his advice on including a ramp. He then asked me what kind of wood I preferred? I was really confused, I genuinely thought it was his (very northern) way of asking what kind of phallus I preferred and it turns out he was asking to make sure that I'd get the right material for my casket after my stunt fail.

My mind is definitely in the gutter, I need help.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Aidan made me belly laugh today, it hurt so bad :lol:
    👁  👄  👁 
    Liam said:
    @Aidan made me belly laugh today, it hurt so bad :lol:
    👁  👄  👁 
    @Liam what happened lool

now I'm laughing
    He said something like 

👁 👄 👁  what mods look like when chats flowing so we can sit back and watch 

Hit me in the funny bone :lol:@Salix_alba_2019 ... hes a funny guy, you should come to gc more often :smiley:
    hahahahahaha sounds very funny @liam I might actually start coming from now on lol
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    @Salix_alba_2019 yessss!!! You should come to GC! That was so funny tonight it’s my laughing fix and distraction most evenings ahahahaha.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Since people enjoyed my story I'll share it here.

So today I suffered a huge misunderstanding which left both myself and the guy I'm talking to in stitches. For context, I told him that I was getting a new mattress for my bed and I asked him if I should do a backflip on it to test it out knowing full well that I injured my neck doing this once upon a time.

We joked about having to do the flip in a wheelchair if it failed and I said that I'd end up in a casket if I took his advice on including a ramp. He then asked me what kind of wood I preferred? I was really confused, I genuinely thought it was his (very northern) way of asking what kind of phallus I preferred and it turns out he was asking to make sure that I'd get the right material for my casket after my stunt fail.

My mind is definitely in the gutter, I need help.
    Oh my god that’s hilarious :joy: I laughed out loud. My mind is obviously in the gutter too - but we all knew that anyway ;) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent 😭😭😭😭😭 I thought he was trying to flirt with me 💀💀💀💀💀 I thought "damn, is this how White bois flirt?..... IT'S DIFFERENT I LIKE IT"🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OH LORD
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My own comment in corona virus scam thread 😭😂 I redownlaoded tiktok couldn’t help myself hahah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
     A photo of me and my friends and different stages of emotions while climbing the hill. It's so funny 😂
    My mum speaks 5 languages so occasionally she'll get some lwprds wrong in English. For some reason she calls the post man "poster man" and it always makes me laugh loool
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    In a mood where I feel it is appropriate to blast out The Simpsons at full volume without headphones.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Slipped and went flying. Caught myself. Was rather funny haha
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    My friends have done well for themselves today, I'll give them an 8/10 for comedy
    Today in English at the end of the lesson we played a game where we had to say about stuff that begins with a certain letter including something that we are not allowed to do in lockdown. For S, many people put sensible suggestions but I put "Sex with someone from another household." At least nobody else said it.
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Kasa2103 said:
    This really made me giggle!  :p 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    My mum desperate for the look, she didn’t have any keys and we are out 
    The way one of my classmates reacted to see her friend in Maths today (she had just moved up into our class) made me laugh.
    Emma_ said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    This really made me giggle!  :p 
    :p 
    A bloke I know asked me "How was school today"? And I had to break the news to him that I left school a good while ago. I look much older than I am so I just thought it was funny :joy: 
    Played a game with a few pals where you let your middle button finish your sentences. Laughed so hard my stomach was hurting :lol:
    Liam said:
    Played a game with a few pals where you let your middle button finish your sentences. Laughed so hard my stomach was hurting :lol:
    I love those games @Liam :joy: 
    edited November 2020
    @independent_ What a funny night :lol: Alcohol, coffee, depression, toilets & custard (oh and heart break :lol: )
    OMG @Liam I will never forget it! Was the best! My phone knows exactly how to describe what I want to say lol 
    edited November 2020
    @Ed_ was mentioned in my maths homework. It was about translation of shapes.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Kasa2103 said:
    I'm honoured Kasa! What was the context?!
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

edited November 2020
    Ed_ said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    I'm honoured Kasa! What was the context?!
    You accidentally translated the shape in the wrong way. :p
    edited December 2020
    Heard this funny thing on a YouTube video.

Teacher: Maths
    Students: Ugh 
    Teacher: We'll try that again. Maths.
    Students: Yay (sarcasm)
    One student in the class: Not!