Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mentally uncomfortable

an0nan0n Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
This will sound really odd, but does anyone else have a constant state of uncomfortableness mentally, its not anxiety, but it is similar to a feeling of dread or distantness? I have felt this way for a while, and every time I try and explain it to my parents they have no idea what i mean. I just wish that someone else could understand the same, or a similar feeling. Its such a horrible feeling, and i don't understand why i feel like this. 
Tagged:

Comments

• _John_John Posts: 87 Budding Regular
    I think I have the same problem as you do. Especially keeping all the problems and not letting all out can be sometimes hard to explain because I'm being overwhelmed with all the constant thoughts I have and it's definitely not comfortable. I won't get the outcome I was hoping for whenever I open up and I don't know if it's relatable to you. Also welcome btw. :)

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."  - Sun Tzu
  • an0nan0n Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Its an awful feeling isn't it. The worst part is that nobody understands what you feel like, because obviously it is all in your head. It's so hard to explain in words, im just relieved to find someone else who feels like i do.
    Not everyone will have the same feelings about what is going with your mind so they wouldn't know on how you are dealing with your current problem. Counsellors, GPs and other types of expert support would really understand on how you're feeling right now.
    I actually have an appointment at my GP tomorrow regarding my mental wellbeing, i'm very anxious about it though, i hate, and are really bad at opening up and talking about how i feel mentally, however im going to really try my hardest to open up because i know this is my only chance at getting support, I also currently see a councillor, however im still working on opening up to her. 
    an0n said:
    I actually have an appointment at my GP tomorrow regarding my mental wellbeing, i'm very anxious about it though, i hate, and are really bad at opening up and talking about how i feel mentally, however im going to really try my hardest to open up because i know this is my only chance at getting support.
    That's a lot of stress on your head when you try your best to open up since it's the only chance so well done on that. I'm kind of worried that they will just hand a medicine to you rather than getting you into therapy since I haven't even touched medicine once, but don't take my opinion for it and it's your choice at the end of the day.

an0n said:
     I also currently see a councillor, however im still working on opening up to her. 
    Yeah I would love to get myself a counselor too, it's like a friend at your side who really understand you. It's worth doing counselling sessions first in my opinion, before you have other options such as taking medicine, but still go to that GP appointment. 

Yeah, honestly at this point i’m open to taking medication, at least to try it.Yeah, luckily my councillor is really lovely, and she’s understanding of how i feel. Also thanks for being so kind.