Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Foreskin problems

2»

Comments

• AdityaRaj1AdityaRaj1 Posts: 1 Just got here
    edited October 2020
    Hi I am 16 and when my penis is not erect I manage to pull back the foreskin but, when my penis is erect, I am only able to pull it so far that I can take a small peek of the pink head of my penis. It does not go completely down. It keeps rolling back covering my penis. So, I tried pulling the foreskin when it was limp and when it became erect I just kept it as it is. But, my penis head was feeling irritated and was very sensitive(I could only barely touch the head as it was a bit painful and very very sensitive). So with some difficulty I managed to roll back the stuck foreskin back to its original position. What should I do?? Will I be able to pull back the foreskin completely as I grow older
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @AdityaRaj1. :3

Did you have a read of the article? There are some good suggestions in there, like:

Ouch, my foreskin is too tight

If you can’t pull the foreskin back over the widest part of your penis you could have a condition called phimosis. It’s a common complaint for men where the foreskin is excessively long, or if the skin has been torn and healing has led to the foreskin contracting.

“Phimosis may not cause you any problems, but it can get worse and cause difficulties peeing – and you won’t be able to clean underneath it,” says Dr Ranj.

Try pulling the foreskin back really slowly. This will take a lot of patience (it may take a few weeks to build up to doing it fully), so don’t be tempted to yank it back. If your foreskin is very tight, it’s advisable to speak to your GP. There are creams available on prescription, but if these don’t work you might need a circumcision.

If you're concerned or in any pain, seeing a doctor is your best option because it's hard for us to say anything with certainty over the internet. Doctors see this stuff (and much weirder things!) every day, so as daunting as it might feel, it's another day at the office for them. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • bigheadbighead Posts: 1 Just got here
    hi im 16, i have a long foreskin. so when im flaccid i can fully pull back my foreskin. when i have a erection i cant fully pull back my foreskin but my foreskin can go pass the glandes of the penis. when i leave the foreskin behind the glandes, the penis starts to swell and it starts to hurt alot. my question is im i gonna have to wait until im older or do i have to do exercise with the foreskin
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster

Hi @bighead

If your foreskin is long, you may have ‘phimosis’. As the article states, you may want to “Try pulling the foreskin back really slowly. This will take a lot of patience (it may take a few weeks to build up to doing it fully), so don’t be tempted to yank it back. If your foreskin is very tight, it’s advisable to speak to your GP. There are creams available on prescription, but if these don’t work you might need a circumcision.”

If your foreskin frequently gets stuck and you notice swelling, you may have ‘paraphimosis’. In this case, you may want to see your GP to deal with any swelling and also to consider circumcision as this will help to avoid the foreskin getting stuck again in the future.

You don’t have to wait until you’re are older. You can try slowly pulling the foreskin back, but if that doesn’t seem to help and its causing you problems, your best option is to speak with your doctor.

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • RasmusDKRasmusDK Posts: 1 Just got here
    I im 12 years old. When i try to retract my foreskin, it only goes halfway down, and it looks like my foreskin is stuck on my penis head. Can you please help.

Hey @RasmusDK

Our article suggests that if you can’t pull your foreskin over the widest part of the penis, then you may have what is known as phimosis.

If you can’t pull the foreskin back over the widest part of your penis you could have a condition called phimosis. It’s a common complaint for men where the foreskin is excessively long, or if the skin has been torn and healing has led to the foreskin contracting.

The article also states to “Try pulling the foreskin back really slowly. This will take a lot of patience (it may take a few weeks to build up to doing it fully), so don’t be tempted to yank it back. If your foreskin is very tight, it’s advisable to speak to your GP. There are creams available on prescription, but if these don’t work you might need a circumcision.”

Generally, try doing it really slowly and seek help from your doctor if you notice any other difficulties such as pain, swelling and redness.

Hope this helps a bit!

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • s3asp0ng3s3asp0ng3 Posts: 1 Just got here
    What do I do if I pull my foreskin all the way back? There’s like some sort of send layer thing and it won’t go back, so what do I do?
  • joshb123joshb123 Posts: 1 Just got here
    I’m 16 and it takes very long to pull back my foreskin like 5 minutes and the further it goes down the more pain there is my glands are red and I think a bit swelled also there are a lot of veins at the top of my foreskin which makes it hard to pull down
  • UnkownpersonUnkownperson Posts: 1 Just got here
    Im 16 and I dont know if I should be concerned about this or not.
    Sometimes after I clean my penis and it becomes erect sometimes I dont have enough foreskin to cover the entire head of my penis and it becomes really uncomfortable. Im not sure if I should be worried about this or not and am unsure of what this is
  • quintonkquintonk Posts: 1 Just got here
    I’m 17 and every time I pull my forskin back it is tight and it folds instead of just going down and is connected to the back of the head.
    Hey all,

@s3asp0ng3

If you’re having trouble pulling the foreskin back, the article recommends to “Try pulling the foreskin back really slowly. This will take a lot of patience (it may take a few weeks to build up to doing it fully), so don’t be tempted to yank it back. If your foreskin is very tight, it’s advisable to speak to your GP. There are creams available on prescription, but if these don’t work you might need a circumcision”

@joshb123

The article advises pulling back the foreskin really slowly, but it sounds like you have already been doing this. You might want to talk to your GP, especially if you are noticing redness and swelling as it could be a sign of paraphimosis and may need medical treatment.

@Unkownperson

While the article states that everyone’s foreskin is different, if yours is causing you pain at any time, you might want to get it checked out with a doctor. The article recommends to “Try pulling the foreskin back really slowly. This will take a lot of patience (it may take a few weeks to build up to doing it fully), so don’t be tempted to yank it back. If your foreskin is very tight, it’s advisable to speak to your GP. There are creams available on prescription, but if these don’t work you might need a circumcision.”

@quintonk

If the foreskin is tight, you can try pulling it back really slowly, over the course of a few weeks. If it’s very tight, you might want to talk to your doctor and see if they can suggest creams to help with the tightness. If the foreskin get stuck, and you notice redness and swelling, you might have paraphimosis, in which case, you’ll want to talk to your doctor as it will require treatment.
  • GalaxyBoiGalaxyBoi Posts: 1 Just got here
    I can pull my foreskin back when I’m erect, but it feels tight. It doesn’t hurt, it just doesn’t feel as smooth as I think it should, and it’s uncomfortable to leave it pulled back when erect too. I just turned 15, so I’ve tried to convince myself that it’ll get better, and it’s only happening because I’m still fairly young. But now I’m not sure.

I’m mostly worried about sex. I’m pretty sure that you need to pull back the foreskin when putting on a condom, and as I said, it feels uncomfortable to leave it pulled back.

I don’t think it’s serious enough for circumcision, and I definitely don’t want to get a circumcision unless it’s 100% necessary. So are there any other fixes? Will it get better over time or do I need to do something about it?
  • lukes22lukes22 Posts: 1 Just got here
    I'm 14 and my foreskin can peel back, but it doesn't stay and it's a bit uncomfortable. And when my penis is erect, I can't pull it back at all. I'm worried that when I'm older it will cause problems.
    @lukes22 these things are almost always treatable if you see a GP. :) Definitely worth speaking to someone if you're worried - they're the only ones who can really help.

Also, not sure if you read it, but the article has some useful info.
  • iwasnothereiwasnothere Posts: 1 Just got here
    hi im having problems becuase when i pulled my foreskin back its all fine until the ridge on the head its all red becease i just pulled it back but it was really hard to do and there is a lot of smegma and when i try wash it it sting really bad when i peal it back it also stings. im 13 and ive got pubes but idk if ive hit puberty pls help
    @iwasnothere you're not alone in this - discomfort or pain when pulling back your foreskin is super common. We're not doctors here so we can't help you with your specific situation, but the article above has some great suggestions you could work through.

If those don't work, seeing a GP yourself would be the best next step as they can assess you properly. They see this kind of thing all the time, particularly with young guys, so it's nothing to be embarrased about (although I understand that hearing this might not help!)