Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

new here! not really sure how to get started

sheepbabysheepbaby Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
Hiya, i dont feel overly comfortable sharing my name, you can just refer to me by my username lol but im 16, she/her and i have anxiey.
Ive never done anything like this before but my anxiety seems to be getting bad again and i wanted to give this a try! I wont go into specifics about my mental health immediately, just thought id introduce myself.
Im at college, and i want to be a sex educator in the future. I draw and im getting back into reading for the first time since lower school lol. Im in a relationship of 1 year and a half with my bf who makes me very very happy :)
apologies if i sound a little awkward, im not very good at introducing myself but im excited to try this out! x

Comments

• DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi @sheepbaby

first of all you aren’t awkward at all I would like to welcome to the mix family. There support chat every night at 8 o’clock until 9:30 every night if you want to discuss your anxiety further or general chat which is there for you to have fun and chat with others. First of all I would suggest you check out the forum for new members I forgot what it’s called but hear you will find out what you need to know about the boards.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Welcome to the community @sheepbaby, my name is Elle, it’s wonderful to have you here! 

Jaide has given you some great advice above. If you would like to join the group chats you can find them here: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat
    The people you meet on the boards, you will likely see around there as well. 

You’re not awkward at all, your intro is great :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • sheepbabysheepbaby Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi @sheepbaby

first of all you aren’t awkward at all I would like to welcome to the mix family. There support chat every night at 8 o’clock until 9:30 every night if you want to discuss your anxiety further or general chat which is there for you to have fun and chat with others. First of all I would suggest you check out the forum for new members I forgot what it’s called but hear you will find out what you need to know about the boards.
    will do! thanks for welcoming me :)
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @sheepbaby

My name is Chanel and it's lovely to meet you :smile: if you have any questions about anything at all please do feel free to ask! It's great to have you here :heart:

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Heya! It's great to have you here! 

As others have said, you're not coming across as awkward at all - I think it's very brave that you've felt able to come on here and engage with the community. 

Have a look around and dive right in - this community is a great place and it's great to have you here ❤️
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • sheepbabysheepbaby Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Anch0r33 said:
    Heya! It's great to have you here! 

As others have said, you're not coming across as awkward at all - I think it's very brave that you've felt able to come on here and engage with the community. 

Have a look around and dive right in - this community is a great place and it's great to have you here ❤️
    Thank you! :)