Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hey! i'm new :)

jemimajemima Posts: 1 Just got here
edited November 2020 in Introduce Yourself
hi everyone (or whoever will read this), my name is jemima and i am 19 years old. i am not really sure what to say in this post and i am even getting anxious writing this ahhh B)
A bit about me first i guess: i LOVE dogs so much, i have a cavachon (cavelier and bison frise mixed) her name is minnie and she is my rock when i feel down. I like going on walks to places with ponds/ water (it really relaxes me) i love drawing and doing random art that usually turn out pretty bad lol.
I am currently at University, however struggling due to my mental health and medical problems, I am thinking of defering a year so I can focus on getting better (I don't know if this is the right thing to do though). The reason i have decided to join this community is because of these problems, I have never had a good relationship with my mum and it has really affected me, especially when opening up to people i.e. my friends. I am someone who doesn't like to bring others down as i feel a lot for other people, more than for myself. I hate when people are upset or annoyed and it is almost as if i take on their emotions (not sure if that is a real thing or not)
In summary i have this medical 'rash', i have had it for 9 months now and the doctors still have no idea what it is/ how to get rid of it, as this rash is all over my face and neck I can't really go outside as it gets infected very easily. Before i got this rash i suffered from anxiety but had only ever had 1 anxiety attack in my life, since this rash, and  being unable to leave my house for 9 months, i have suffered from bad depression. I also feel as if this is something I can't speak about to my friends because they have been locked up due to corona and I obviously understand no human is suppose to go without human contact for as long as everyone in the world has, but even when we where 'out of lockdown' and everyone went back to university I was still stuck at home. I feel so lonely at home because my dad works hard and i don't get on with my mum and my sister is at university (I feel like I only have my dog at the moment). During national lockdown I also developed a strange relationship with food, and now that i feel depressed sometimes i can't even look at food without feeling sick. I've never felt depressed before and considered myself lucky, however, now that I feel down (sometimes suicidal) I felt as if i need to speak to people who understand different situations as I don't even really understand what is going on in my mind.
To end my introduction I will say that even writing this has helped me get out some emotional stress so thank you for letting me write this.
jem <3

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hi @jemima <3 
    Welcome 
    My name is Alina I hope you get the support you need x
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Heyy @jemima, welcome to the boards!! It’s great to have you here and I’m really glad to hear that writing things down has helped a little <3 my name is Elle, it’s really nice to meet you!! 

It might also be helpful for you to know that the mix run group chats every night, and the same people you meet on the boards will likely be around in there. They are on between 8pm and 9.30 and you can find them here: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.