Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Thinking of cancer 😞😓😥
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    It’s bothering me why I couldn’t do an acting challenge with youth group today 
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’m so nervous for my interview tomorrow 😬
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • BenjiWolfBenjiWolf Deactivated Posts: 3 Newbie
    Mam trying to call me, I don't want to speak to her right now. Hovering over the one to one chat questioning whether to use it 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Go for it @BenjiWolf, they’re very good on the 1-2-1 chats!!

@Millie2787 sending hugs <3 we care about you here!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Had to cancel my skating lesson today because I was ill during the night. Ughhh 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    When your local A&E has changed their system and you now have to book an appointment to be seen by ringing 111 and they are turning people away at the doors...
    One of the comments on the news article is from a girl who rang 111 for mental health crisis and she was told to manage at home.
    This completely puts me off the whole idea of going to a&e in crisis.. something my doctor and I agreed I should do.

I'm not in crisis by the way. I'm just angry that a&e are turning people away if they don't have an appointment slot
    I have had a headache all day 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Could more things possibly go wrong in one day. Having to self isolate because mum has covid symptoms. One of my sisters is being an arse and won’t come home to isolate. And I just found out that the other (who doesn’t live with is so not isolating) has been in a car accident (minor, but still going to A&E). 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @independent sending all the hugs in the world ❤️
    Alis propriis volat 
    I'm not in a good place physically or mentally and I just feel like people constantly trying to upset me at the moment. Everyone is mad at me because I'm self isolating and taking a covid test but it's not my fault? Illnesses spread and just happen..
    Just sat crying. Had enough.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I’m feeling really really Bad
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Today had been a sad day for me. I want to feel better. 

I will not fit other people's narrative of how they want me to be.i am allowed to have my own desires outside of people's expectations. 
    Hugs @Dandelion <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited October 2020
    Always extra depressed the day after drinking:(never think it’s possible lol 
    edited October 2020
    😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. Feel fucking awful
    I've cried so much today
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Feeling physically sick at the fact despite lockdown I still have F2F teaching 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    The BPD part of me wants to use this as an opportunity to fuck up. What happened the other day was just the final straw. I have been in this position before when I've been lower down the crisis scale and still self-harmed. I'm not even sure what I want. Me not reaching out will only make things worse and hurt me in the long term and I guess it's just another way to cause harm. I'm finding it difficult trying to work out if the way I'm feeling is warranted. I know deep down that I want to explode and just destroy myself but I can't because I'm stuck in this house. I don't want to take my medication and the only person I want to speak to is on annual leave. 
    I'm really struggling with being in isolation for the week :/
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Sending hugs to all those who need them, just wanted to say we care about each and every one of you and we are here for you all :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Ugh I’m not ready for today want to go back to bed
  • AriannaArianna Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    Having that sort of. Really shitty anxiety come down after a difficult day. Where it’s like the adrenaline drop but you’re still anxious because you can’t not think about the stressy thing.

Askfldlflkwlsaldj

I have l has my appointment and I’m eating to much 
This discussion has been closed.