Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Do you ever just give up with the day? Pull the blinds down and crawl into bed and just lay there...?
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    we dont hate u @GreenTea x
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @GreenTea all we want is to see you do well, we care about you <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    no matter what i do, ill never be good enough.
    edited October 2020
    I'm crying out of pure exhaustion 
    Post edited by GreenTea on
    edited October 2020
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Anxiety is making me feel sick and leaving me with no appetite 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Why can’t I Just be happy, and feel genuinely ok for even a day in my life 

Sending huge hugs 
    I'm so mentally exhausted. It's been a really long week and it's hit me this evening
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    GreenTea said:

Sending huge hugs 
    Thank you. Have had an awful day honestly :(  
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    GreenTea said:

Sending huge hugs 
    Thank you. Have had an awful day honestly :(  

You know where I am if you need a chat my lovely 💕 
    The day is almost over
    edited October 2020
    Had sex again. Didn’t feel much. Just feel numb with everything 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Got notification saying “ Possible Covid-19 exposure
    Really struggling to find the words to express how I feel
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @errrin thank you <3 it’s just people offline making me feel like complete and utter shit. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    I have a lot to look forward to - but I feel I have nobody to share that with...a hug or two would be appreciated right now.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I just applied for a supervisor position at my weekend job. I know I won’t get it because much better people have applied but I really want it. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    really, really bad place and mindset all of a sudden trying to just get through it
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I need to finish my assignment today which I will get done. 

But I don't feel like doing it and I sat the whole day yesterday staring at the screen and got NOWHERE. 

I think I'm getting too distracted by everything that's going on for me right now and that needs to stop. 

I can't think about my past when I need to concentrate on my future and I can't think about my past without proper support - but it just keeps popping into my head. 

It's frustrating and I don't really know what to do. I've been talking to people on here but I don't know if it's opening up wounds that I won't be able to close by myself. 

My uni counselling told me they can't help me - she also mentioned that they can only offer 5 appointments and that I'd just be worse off because it would only just start to dive into my problems and then they'd have to leave me. 

Why can't they just offer me more long term support?? It's really unfair. 

I feel really unsupported by the "medical professionals" and I'm very thankful to have you guys. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    TW self harm

I can’t stop the urge to SH. And I’m so ashamed of what I’ve already done. I sometimes think I don’t realise how bad things are getting until they’re really bad.
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Dandelion said:
    I just applied for a supervisor position at my weekend job. I know I won’t get it because much better people have applied but I really want it. 
    I got an interview 😬 now I just need to ask my manager at my weekday job if I can take the afternoon off to go for it. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Shaunie said:
    Managers bitch on the shop floor about people and I always hear them. I’m tempted to speak to senior manager today and not complain just vent lol
    I don’t know why I thought I had the confidence to do this 😂
    Good luck @Dandelion
This discussion has been closed.