Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Acne and spots

ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
I have tried so many treatments to get read of acne and spots and nothing is working! Been suffering since I was 13 all across my face, back, and torso. It can get really bad and idk what else to do now!

I was going to see the doctor to see if I can see a dermatologist but obvs that can't ahppen for a while.

Ideas anyone? Willing to try out home remedies :)
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @ThatFelixGuy sounds like you’ve tried loads of different things. I can’t speak from personal experience but a good mate of mine saw their doctor and got some medicated cream which helped massively. Are you sure you wouldn’t be able to see your doc over video call or something? Might be worth a try. 

Hopefully you’ll get some other ideas from the community too 😊

Take care
    Lucy 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Lucy307 I used to use the cream as well! It worked a treat! 

As I got older my acne got a lot better, I don't really have it now but when I was 13/14 I had so much. I have found that the best thing to use daily is just the plain Dove bar of soap! It is kind to the skin and isn't full of nasty products! I actually heard this from someone else and tried it out myself! Now I use it everyday :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Have you tried other treatments from the GP?

I had terrible acne from the age of 11 until about 15, I saw my GP aged 13 because nothing was helping and I went through all the possible treatments, the one that helped me the most was an antibiotic called Lymecycline. 

I didn't find any of the creams you could buy from pharmacies etc helpful at all. It's definitely worth asking to see a dermatologist, I saw one in the end but decided against going on roaccutane in the end. Dermatologists are probably still doing appointments of some description even during Covid, so it's worth asking your GP. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Have you tried other treatments from the GP?

I had terrible acne from the age of 11 until about 15, I saw my GP aged 13 because nothing was helping and I went through all the possible treatments, the one that helped me the most was an antibiotic called Lymecycline. 

I didn't find any of the creams you could buy from pharmacies etc helpful at all. It's definitely worth asking to see a dermatologist, I saw one in the end but decided against going on roaccutane in the end. Dermatologists are probably still doing appointments of some description even during Covid, so it's worth asking your GP. 
    I was told by my parents that most services are not taking appointments, but I will call the GP tomorrow to check.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    That's certainly not true here, the NHS is still operating and they're still doing appointments even if it's over the phone or over zoom at the moment. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”