Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ethical Fashion Retailers

ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
There might already be a thread about this somewhere, but I'm struggling to find it. 

I'm looking for your recommendations on ethical/green/long-lasting retailers. I'm in desperate need of some new jumpers, and I'd like to invest in one or two to last, without giving money to unethical employers and fast fashion if possible. 

Also send any recommendations (not just jumpers). I don't/won't wear wool (added challenge). 

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    They’re probably not the most sustainable company, but I order a lot of my hoodies from goose and gander, they’re really good quality and they’re made in the uk and they use sustainable packaging and things like that 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    I really like the brand 'Tala', they make gymwear and loungewear out of plastic bottles - super cool concept. Lucy & Yak are great too (especially the sales haha). I also buy a lot of my clothes from Depop, love shopping second hand :smile:
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    https://rapanuiclothing.com

https://lucyandyak.com
    https://www.nomadsclothing.com/

Are ones I know. I know a few more but are really expensive so if interested say and I'll add them. 
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    edited October 2020
    Thank you everyone! 

Did y'all see the drama around Lucy and Yak? I mean I still love their clothes, but it was very interesting. 

Also yes please @GreenTea - I'm not rich, but I'm happy to to invest for the right pieces, or ask Santa for some clothes! 

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    White stuff  have a section of organic and sustainable cotton things , not exactly cheap but i dont think there too badly priced compared to some places ha 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Toni said:
    Thank you everyone! 

Did y'all see the drama around Lucy and Yak? I mean I still love their clothes, but it was very interesting. 

Also yes please @GreenTea - I'm not rich, but I'm happy to to invest for the right pieces, or ask Santa for some clothes! 

I'll get them together and post them later on this week if that's ok? 
    GreenTea said:
    Toni said:
    Thank you everyone! 

I'll get them together and post them later on this week if that's ok? 
    Yeah of course. Whenever you can! Absolutely no rush. 
    I do know a few more but they aren't online, it's local so that's no use haha
    Ahahah yeah, I'm not travelling very far from my home atm! Thanks again. 
    Have you heard of the app called bazar? Ethical life market place? 
    I've not! I'll take a look! 
    It's new so it's not well known yet, but worth keeping an eye out on it
  • 2olivia22olivia2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hey! If you're still looking for recommendations the app "Good on You" is good, it has most popular retailers on there and it tells you about their practices - towards animals, labour and environment. It rates them separately on these and also offers similar brands that have a better rating! I find it a super helpful resource!
    Ooo amazing. Thank you so much!