Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General chit chat

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    @ThatFelixGuy aw really was it a bichon frise crosses shih tzu? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited October 2020
    15.5k comments..
    Since june
  • ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Shaunie said:
    No just a really fluffy white dog. I dont know the breed.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
    GreenTea said:
    15.5k comments..
    Since june
    Ikr. It shows the boards are doing well. Which always scares me as I don’t want them to delete the boards. Sometimes when similar gets post it didn’t get much comments but glad more people are using boards now 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    No just a really fluffy white dog. I dont know the breed.
    Awww. They’re the cutest
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea woah!! That's so many comments. It's fantastic. A great achievement. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I don’t know why but I think he looks so funny here haha

@GreenTea woah!! That's so many comments. It's fantastic. A great achievement. 

Yesss haha it's crazy
    I just changed my sheets in for god knows how long. Well done me 
    @Shaunie yayy well done :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Thanks 😊 what’s everyone up to rest of the week?
    Don’t think I’ve got much on @Shaunie how about you?
    Ah maybe you’ll make some spontaneous plans! Got work tomorrow and Thursday 9-6:30 and first session of therapy Friday 
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Good morning everyone - I'm sooo tireddd
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Anch0r33 said:
    Good morning everyone - I'm sooo tireddd

Good morning
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Morning everyone, anyone know how to help with wisdom tooth pain? My jaw feels like it’s going to fall off (-~-(//) here’s an emote of my painful cheek lol  
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Eyepatch said:
    Morning everyone, anyone know how to help with wisdom tooth pain? My jaw feels like it’s going to fall off (-~-(//) here’s an emote of my painful cheek lol  

Ibuprofen and get some baby teething gel. That's what I used and it helped
    Also maybe try some bonjela to numb it a little? @Eyepatch
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    Eyepatch said:
    I got toothache at the height of lockdown and I literally couldn't eat. 

My dentist basically told me to use:
    Clove Oil on a cotton pad for instant release
    Sensodyne Rapid Relief toothpaste
    Mouthwash to keep the area clean
    Pain relief as need.

Hope it eases off, but defo see the dentist if you can! 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    @Eyepatch orajel is also a life saver numbs the tooth :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hey guys 
    Literally just woke up. Amazon decided to POUND my door. 
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
    Good morning everyone how are we all?

@Eyepatch I found that ibuprofen and orajel or bonjela worked for me. 
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Thank you everyone, I’ve never tried orajel or clove oil so I’ll give that a go :) at work right now taking paracetamol breaks haha 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Eyepatch said:
    Thank you everyone, I’ve never tried orajel or clove oil so I’ll give that a go :) at work right now taking paracetamol breaks haha 

Hope it feels better soo
    @independent_ how are you?
    That's me back from my skating lesson, was really good again, my coach even took videos of me to show her competitive figure skaters the speed and edge control that I've got! Definitely felt good!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Need to go for a 5k run today woo
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    @GreenTea not too bad thanks how are you?

@Anch0r33 good luck I can’t run more than about 2m!! Lol 
    5k???

Your mad!