Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pet Thread 🐾

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
I'm not sure if we have one but I wanted to start a discussion where we can share pics of our pets, talk about our pets and talk about animals in general?

I'll post a pic of my doggos to start with! 

(_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Across 3 houses I've got 5 dogs, 26 rats, 4 guinea pigs and a hamster <3 

Will probably try and add pics of them all in at some point - just because I love them so much 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `

Here's our 16 girlies which I've shared probably far too much :lol:

(_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    edited October 2020

This is Zebbie :heart: 

Zebbie is 16 weeks old :heart:

He is a Syrian hamster. After Echo sadly died after two and a bit years I was heartbroken :heartbreak: and I couldn't imagine my life without another little furry friend in it. So I headed to pets at home and found Zebbie, which was lucky cause the lady in the shop said they had sold most of the hamsters, there was only two left when I got to pets at home. :heart: I love hamsters, I have always had them. And I knew I could give another hamster a lovely life :smile:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Stephanie I love Zebbie, such a beautiful hammie <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Anch0r33 said:
    Thank you so much, he really is cute. Here is a picture of my little Echo bear :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Echo is such a beautiful name. We had planned to use the name but we haven't had anyone it fits with yet. 

We've got a little munchkin, she's a winter White called Izzy! I'll need to find a good pic of her as she's such a wriggle pot @Stephanie
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    We used to have one, i checked it and it seemed (at least the one at the time) to have not been posted in since 2019 :<

Anyway, this is Prince, We will be getting him end of this month, he is a retired Racing Greyhound.

He is 3 years old and we will be his first home, hopefully his only home :>

PRINCE

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
    @Rhys ah that makes sense, I had a look around but couldn't find one! Prince is absolutely stunning, one of my old best friends who I keep in touch with rescue greyhounds (and other dogs now too) that were used for racing! 

Prince looks very like their girl Alice who is a wee beauty. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `

(_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Stephanie said:
    Anch0r33 said:
    Thank you so much, he really is cute. Here is a picture of my little Echo bear :heart:
    Awwwwww
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Stephanie said:

This is Zebbie :heart: 

Zebbie is 16 weeks old :heart:

He is a Syrian hamster. After Echo sadly died after two and a bit years I was heartbroken :heartbreak: and I couldn't imagine my life without another little furry friend in it. So I headed to pets at home and found Zebbie, which was lucky cause the lady in the shop said they had sold most of the hamsters, there was only two left when I got to pets at home. :heart: I love hamsters, I have always had them. And I knew I could give another hamster a lovely life :smile:

Zebbie is beautiful and has an amazing owner. I think that it is lovely that you want to give another hamster a lovely life. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    MM
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

Weekender Offender 

@Stephanie this is my little girl Izzy!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    edited October 2020
    some of my (16) girls enjoying some rice mixed with their baby food <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    The neighbours cat (she’s basically ours😂) spent the whole day in my room today so we did a wee photo shoot 📸 

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Ahhh I love it when cats stick their tongues out like that it's so cute!
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl

Liam said:
    The neighbours cat (she’s basically ours😂) spent the whole day in my room today so we did a wee photo shoot 📸 

Awww the cat is so cute.
    Emoji246 said:

Awww they look like such cute balls of floof and love!
  • sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    I love animals  <3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    He’s got a dirty face after his walk

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:

Awww Teddy has a snow beard!
    Aidan said:
    Daft snow doggo on walkies

Awww. The dog looks so happy.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Photos of dogs in snow are the best! They always seem to have so much fun. :lol:
    I was eating a scotch egg and 2 of my cats kept on staring at me and one reached out her paw to try and grab it but she failed. And no the cats didn't get any. It was so cute.
    I was eating a scotch egg and 2 of my cats kept on staring at me and one reached out her paw to try and grab it but she failed. And no the cats didn't get any. It was so cute.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    oxwepdugzf3m.jpeg
    w6ew40ixd4ux.jpeg

My new pal we just adopted from the animal shelter. He’s a wee model 😎

A little bit matted because his old owners never gave him a sand bath but he should be all groovy and knot free soon 😁
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Liam wrote: »
    oxwepdugzf3m.jpeg
    w6ew40ixd4ux.jpeg

My new pal we just adopted from the animal shelter. He’s a wee model 😎

A little bit matted because his old owners never gave him a sand bath but he should be all groovy and knot free soon 😁

A chinchilla 🤩