Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

More anxiety

molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
Beginning to miss when depression was my main issue and anxiety was something that would just occur every now and then. I was so low that I could mute all feelings and not give a fuck. Now anxiety is the thing that’s stopping me from living my life the way I should. When I’m overly tired I’m anxious, but I’m always tired so I have to nap during the day or else I will get anxious. When I’m around people I’m anxious, which then drains me of my energy and I’m tired. And for some reason when I’m tired around people it makes me anxious and I don’t know why. I don’t know how to get out of these vicious cycles. I’m depressed, I’m tired and I want to hurt myself. 

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Sending massive hugs!
    I know how hard anxiety and depression can be, have you spoken to your GP about this? I know it's not a cure but medication has really helped with my anxiety, its got me to a point where I can live my life and try to work through my triggers safely ...

have you any distractions that help? what works for me is having a fidget toy to keep my hands busy and its something for me to concentrate on, also popping candy helps calm me down when I feel an anxiety attack coming on, like focusing on all the senses at once.
    im sorry I cant offer more help, but I would urge you to see your GP, they can really help, I didn't think they would be much use so put it off for so long til I just couldn't cope anymore, but going was one of the best things for me :)<3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Sending you so many hugs @mol :heart:

Just to echo what @BubblesGoesBoo has said - have you spoken to anybody/received support for these feelings at all? And how are you coping at the moment? 

One thing I want to emphasise is that, no matter how difficult times may feel, you never have to go through this alone. We are right here to support you, always. Take good care :heart:
  • molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    @BubblesGoesBoo I’m on multiple medications for anxiety but they’re not as much help as I’d hoped :( 
  • Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi mol
    I'm sorry to hear that your medication for anxiety is not working for you, it's understandably frustrating when you're trying but it's not working. 
    It's awful when you feel like you can't live your life how you want and are stuck in an endless cycle, how long have you been feel this way?
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hey @mol sending you big caring hugs rn <3 when you've been taking your meds have you also been speaking to a counsellor or a psychiatrist? 

Just want to echo what @coc0mac said, you are not alone during this. People will always have the time to listen and support you on the Mix :)
  • molmol Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    @Gemma @JamJar hey it’s been a while since I was on here, it’s been difficult, I’ve had a mix of good and bad days. Still haven’t seen any friends, haven’t been able to see my doctor recently because of COVID. I’m managing at the moment 
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Heyy @mol
    My mum's going through the same thing atm with Covid meaning she can't see her doctor.

She's been able to arrange virtual calls. Are you able to arrange virtual chats too or have you already tried this?