Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

📷 Monthly Photo challenges 📸

13»

Comments

• Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @GreenTea it’s not selfish, I thought you were to organiser anyway, plus people don’t have to know who’s turn it is next, only which month is free if they want to join. I’m sorry I didn’t see this sooner, if I had and just said I was doing October it might have saved you some trouble. Thank you for considering my privacy though, I appreciate that. 

I have the 31 days already but it’s a really nice idea for people to still post suggestions in the thread, you don’t have to @ them or anything, just write a suggestion and if someone wants to use it they can ask, does that work for everyone? :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Just chipping in to say thank you for going with the flow @GreenTea, and thank you @Eyepatch for coming in too. It sounds like we're all quite on board with this now. :)

This is a small change and change is tough, but it's good for us to be okay with those small changes that improve something overall and make sense for the situation. You're still the organiser @GreenTea and this doesn't remove any responsibility or purpose from that.

Given we got a little off-track here, we'll close this thread for now and if someone would be so kind as to make a fresh one, that would be fab! @Shaunie maybe you'd like to, given you posted this?

Also, for context: these sorts of monthly challenges have never really had one designated organiser or owner, and they're largely just a 'free for all' really. But the photo challenge ended up falling to @GreenTea as she actively showed interest in running it and has done them before. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Mike Can we start new monthly challenges also? I have an idea for one :)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited September 2020
    @Mike so why did was it always someone else's thing and you had to contact them to be involved? Now I'm just confused because the impression was that they organised and ran it and I know others who felt it was that way too. 
    I'm a little confused by this

Post edited by JustV on
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    I’ve never really took part in these challenges, but always thought that one person organised them and kinda kept track of who was doing it, and when. Which makes sense, then there’s less confusion because one person keeps track of it all.

But it also makes sense to have a thread like this one where that person posts the details of what months are free, and who is doing what month. It just keeps it all in one place. Makes it easier for the organiser to keep track, and keeps the discussion more open and means that people know where they’re at 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Sure @Eleanor! Feel free. :)

And thank you for chipping in @independent_ - really appreciate your perspective.

@GreenTea there were some arguments about who was running what challenge, so at one point we gave yourself and someone else a challenge to oversee. But when these were first being created, staff pretty much stayed out of them and let you guys sort things yourself (I think?). And generally speaking, if someone wants to run a challenge, we don't really need to be involved.

Then if someone wants to start offering the opportunity to other members, it's probably best that happens in an open way as we've discussed here. If you want to just organise it yourself and make it your thing, absolutely no problem - go wild.

If I'm honest, I don't remember enough of how these challenges were previously organised to get further into it. These things started a long time ago. In any case, it doesn't feel super relevant because we've decided how we're going to move forward now so let's focus on that.

Also just a note that it's best not to talk about other members when they're not here or tagged in the post - think we're all entitled to a bit of privacy around that. :) I've edited some recent posts in this thread to remove some names, just to be on the safe side.

I've closed this thread for now, but if someone wants to make a fresh one for the photo challenge schedule/ideas for it, that would be ace. Think we're all in agreement on it now. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.