Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

📷 Monthly Photo challenges 📸

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Everyone’s going to know when posted lol. Not a secret 

See now more one person doing it. This is why we need a thread other wise mixed messages. And shouldn’t be one person trying to sort it as not in charge of it.  Community thing so should be treated as one

soery if seen too direct today. Just know when it’s at the point where feel bit more aggy then usually. Stress getting to me ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited September 2020
    :lol: doesnt this show why a thread like this is needed? :lol:

If you had just said who is was then no one would be confused, not sure why its being made difficult.

I was under the impression that i was doing November, but its totally cool if not, im not fussy at all :lol:
    edited September 2020
    Liam said:
    :lol: doesnt this show why a thread like this is needed? :lol:
     Literally 😂😂😂

no one should be one organising it without the whole community knowing 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @Liam when did you say you were doing November? I said in the original thread if people can let me know if they are interested. I don't remember you saying you were.
    Why cant you just share the list to save any confusion? youre acting like its top secret
    Not really @Liam it shows why it's important for one person to be the person people contact regarding it so mess ups don't happen 
    edited September 2020
    Liam said:
    Why cant you just share the list to save any confusion? youre acting like its top secret
    Exactly getting pissed off to be honest. Sorry

Liam said:

You are saying you are doing November? I don't remember you letting me know like I asked on the thread. That's why I'm confused because now I need to push the next available month to February
    edited September 2020
    Who said you was going to be the one orgaisning it? @GreenTea
    you wrote that you was then edited over it

it needs to be shared with community 
    This was never an issue in the past few years with one person keeping track of photo challenge and who's doing it.
    Why is it an issue now I've taken over to keep it going?
    That's what's upsetting me. Why is it an issue now and never was the past couple years. 
    It was quite a while ago in GC thread i believe but again, not bothered. I didn't actually know that you were the person who took control of the photo threads? I thought it was just discussed as the community. Would be super duper helpful if you could share the list to avoid further confusion
    Liam said:
    It was quite a while ago in GC thread i believe but again, not bothered. I didn't actually know that you were the person who took control of the photo threads? I thought it was just discussed as the community. Would be super duper helpful if you could share the list to avoid further confusion

But it's never use to be shared. Read my above comment. Why now? Why when I try to organise it?? 
    Aife used to do it. The mod. Since she left we stopped doing it as much and no one has been in control of it ever since her
    edited September 2020
    I have just been doing it how it's been done the past few years. The person who started it would say, message them or the mix if you were interested. I don't understand why suddenly that's Changed @Mike
    It's never ever been an issue before and it worked really well
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @GreenTea I think it's just for transparency, the same way @TheMixUK keep us in the loop with things or projects! That way the whole community knows what's going on 😊
    Alis propriis volat 
    edited September 2020
    Shaunie said:
    Aife used to do it. The mod. Since she left we stopped doing it as much and no one has been in control of it ever since her

No she didn't. Someone else did. They were the one who organised it each month and who you would speak to, to do a month. Aife started it but someone else took responsibility. It was never an issue then
    Post edited by JustV on
    Past few years? It hasn’t been that long since Aife left. She came up with the idea. And since she left users have hardly taken part.  When someone wanted to do it we contacted her and 
    Eleanor said:
    @GreenTea I think it's just for transparency, the same way @TheMixUK keep us in the loop with things or projects! That way the whole community knows what's going on 😊

But it never was this way the past few years so why now?
    edited September 2020
    I never remember speaking to anyone about it. Only to the mix 
    Post edited by JustV on
    edited September 2020
    Shaunie said:
    Past few years? It hasn’t been that long since Aife left. She came up with the idea. And since she left users have hardly taken part.  When someone wanted to do it we contacted her and 

It's been going on for a long time shaunie. Go back through all the threads.
    Post edited by JustV on
    edited September 2020
    Well now we have more people getting confused with more than one person thinking they was doing it 

so simple way to fix that is to have a thread. I don’t know why so against it. :)

2015 photo challenge started. 

I'm against it because I feel targeted because it was never done this way before and all of a sudden I get it going again and organise who's doing it.. and all of a sudden there's a thread. 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @GreenTea I understand it wasn't like this before but sometimes processes get changed (most of the time for the better!).

I know by working on the Youth Panel that feedback loops and giving services users more insights is something The Mix are improving on. This means that the usual processes are being changed so this can happen! Without these changes, the community wouldn't know what was happening 😊

Having this thread just allows for that transparency with other community members 😁
    Alis propriis volat 
    This is why I'm confused and frustrated and upset. And I'm not arguing. I'm trying to share my point because I don't understand why me organising it, is such a problem when it's been done the way I was doing it, for a long time. 

Yes. Users used to make the thread themselves. Aife used to be the only one who made the thread. But let others do it instead as good way to involve the community. But she still has control over who did it when. ....
    Shaunie said:
    Yes. Users used to make the thread themselves. Aife used to be the only one who made the thread. But let others do it instead as good way to involve the community. But she still has control over who did it when. ....

No she didn't. It became bubbles thing. I had the self care threads that I was organising and she was in control of the photo challenge
    Shaunie you can do January
    October @Eyepatch if they still want to
    November: @Liam
    December: greentea (as going to do a competition thing that I have an idea for, just not spoke to the mix yet.
    January: 
    February:
    So on so on.

I feel like I'm being completely misunderstood and nobody seeing it from my point of view. So do whatever. 
    Ok so from talking to a user just now. I'm gonna post this. 
    The reason I don't agree or like this is because change.  But also, by me organising it, I feel like I actually have a purpose because right now, I'm in a very bad headspace and something as simple as organising photo challenge and doing it the way it use to be, makes me feel like I have some sort of purpose. Right now I feel like I'm just useless and nothing.. 
    Feeling like I had something to organise and sort out made me feel like I have a purpose and I personally feel like it's being taken away with this idea.
    I'm sorry I'm selfish. 
    Not selfish at all @GreenTea :)  It makes total sense actually and I think you're brave for sharing. I'm sure that something can be worked out to keep everyone happy. 
This discussion has been closed.