Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

📷 Monthly Photo challenges 📸

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey I thought we need a thread to put down who’s doing it every month. 

So others can get a chance to say here when they want to do it. 

Someone’s doing it next month but no one knows who. So if can comment. I would like to do a mont if no one else is that keen 
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by JustV on
ÂŤ13

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's on the photo challenge thread, whos doing next month and a possible volunteer for November too. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah good to have thread for it to be in one place for people to know and so people get opportunity to ask

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited September 2020
    You can do January?
    edited September 2020
    I’ll wait for people to comment if they wanna do it first. Like more newer people
    Ok but then you will be waiting longer?

I got interest from users when I first posted the thread again after a while. Im sorry it's happened that way...I'm not going to name them as it's already on the thread for this months challenge. 
    edited September 2020
    Idm. I’m confused Why won’t name them if on thread already? I can’t find it. Would be easier to name
    It's on the first page. 

There is space from January onwards for users to do the photo challenge. 
    edited September 2020
    But spent so much time writing you could write the names instead?please

good for people to read on this thread to 

Can’t see it
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Good idea, saves anyone wasting their time writing one up incase someone else is doing it! :smiley:
    edited September 2020
    I've sent the list of users and the plan for the next few months to the mix. I'm leaving it at that. Take care.

Edit: as I have said, January onwards is available to host the photo challenge. Please respect that.
    Ok @GreenTea , no problem! :smiley:
    Liam said:
    Good idea, saves anyone wasting their time writing one up incase someone else is doing it! :smiley:
    Yeah! And people can say here and can see who asked first ect
    edited September 2020
    GreenTea said:
    I've sent the list of users and the plan for the next few months to the mix. I'm leaving it at that. Take care.

Edit: as I have said, January onwards is available to host the photo challenge. Please respect that.
    Didn’t disrespect  it
     was trying to be helpful
    edited September 2020
    Feel like this just got pushed down really quick so just bumping up so people can see it exists 
    Also be a good place to suggest Ideas for day if someone is struggling for ideas. 😊 As yeah been there 31 things to take a picture of is a lot 
    @The Mix

will you be able to post the plan GreenTea sent as she doesn’t seem to want to share here as already on the boards. But think we need a thread for it and it would be useful to know  So people can see what months they want to do. 
    edited September 2020
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2020
    This isn't something we need to get contentious over @GreenTea. :)

This is actually a good idea. If you're organising these community challenges and you're keen to let other members run them @GreenTea, it's important to make sure that's fair and open. You might be doing that in a fair way privately, but in the interests of transparency, it would be cool to make that an open process. :) Keeping these things private can make them feel exclusive rather than inclusive.

Would you be up for doing that? Either in this thread or a new one.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Maybe a new one as this thread kinda got ruined tbh. Shall I make it 
    edited September 2020
    I've replied to the PM. 

Like I have said. Next month's user who's doing the photo challenge is in the photo challenge thread that is currently running. I have said this multiple times!
    edited September 2020
    GreenTea said:
    I've replied to the PM. 

Like I have said. Next month's user who's doing the photo challenge is in the photo challenge thread that is currently running. I have said this multiple times!
    Still don’t get why you’re still saying this??
    just say who it is then. Or link me to where it is. 

It seems to be literally no where
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie I'm not sure about the other months ahead but @Eyepatch is doing October's 😊 Sorry I couldn't be of more help! 
    Alis propriis volat 
    edited September 2020
    If plans havent changed it was agreed that @Eyepatch is doing October and I was doing November. I feel like this should be open for everyone to know to save anyone any wasted time.
    @GreenTea

I can see it now. 
    But I’m getting pissed off at wtf you’re replying. You said you know the users doing it til January. So why don’t you just say???????

thank you @Elenor find this just now too
    edited September 2020
    Finally other people don’t see the thread as pointless. I  thought I was going mad to trying to help 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie I love the idea of this thread! It makes it easier to know who is doing it and when so you know which months are available! 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Yes and January is the next available time but you didn't want it when I offered it. 

I didn't say the users because I wasn't sure if they wanted others to know. Ive been busy. Who's doing it was in the previous thread.

@Liam I had no idea you were doing it? Someone else showed an interest.. so I'm a bit confused
    edited September 2020
    @Liam when did you say or who to about November?

I'm really confused because that's not who's on my list .
This discussion has been closed.