Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fun fact about yourself??

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2019
    Ive never had a cup of coffee or tea 
    (Tried coffee chocolate and was like yeah those hot drinks will never be for me lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I have a birthmark on the back of my neck. Well, I did, anyway, I don't know if it's still there by now!
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I have a scar from when I was 1 and I slipped in the bath and it's still their (I'm 17 now) 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I know it sounds really silly but I used to have a mild phobia of feathers. They just used to freak me out *shudders*
    I know it sounds really silly but I used to have a mild phobia of feathers. They just used to freak me out *shudders*
    Doesn't sound silly. Feathers can be a bit dirty ahA

I used to hateeee buttons. Like anything with buttons on ,made me actually feel like I could be sick lol. So random, now idc ahah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Doesn't sound silly. Feathers can be a bit dirty ahA

I used to hateeee buttons. Like anything with buttons on ,made me actually feel like I could be sick lol. So random, now idc ahah
    YESSSSSS, it's because of how dirty they are!! I remember somone once telling me that they carried heaps of bacteria and from that day on I was like "nope" lol

I don't think I've met anyone with a phobia of buttons lol its so strange how our brains can illicit that kint of response,. That's how feathers used to make me feel and dot get me started on corners 😆
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I used to have two big hissing cockroaches as pets when I was younger, we only kept them for a few months though as they weren’t too nice aha. Back to the pet shop they went 😂
  • Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular

Ah I used to have a pet millipede called Zeus. I felt like he deserved a mighty name :) 

• weefergieweefergie Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    You know your a boring person when you have sat here for 10 minutes trying to think of something interesting to say and nothings come up this literally sums me up 
    edited August 2019
    It took me a whole year of using the The Mix to realise that the avatars of account at the bottom of the page are people who are online. I always just thought they was random lolll and I do know it says "who's online" at the top of it. But honestly. My brains just blocks out some things when I read things. It's soo weird. Probs cause I'm lazy and just can't be bothered to read everything on the page sometimes ha. Not really a fun fact cause I'm boring lol
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I moved school 5 times because I wasn’t treated properly 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I cannot eat pasta without tuna 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    ive been knocked out by a door before :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    I can't stand the texture of velvet material  :s 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    PoppyB said:
    I can't stand the texture of velvet material  :s 
    me either!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    I like Rhinos and think they are cute :love:  
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Josh Ritter knows I exist which I find pretty cool!

My mom was going to one of his concerts back when I was around six or so, so I asked her to ask him what colour eyes "Kathleen" has (he has a song called Kathleen lol). So she asked him and he said, "what colour are your daughter's eyes?". She told him they're hazel and he said, "then hazel."
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I am the most irrelevant person at school (and the ugliest.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Kasa2103 said:
    Our wonderful kasa is one the most talented and creative people we know. She's a ball of fun energy, can speak loads of languages andddddddd has a big Big heart ♥️

I know you might not feel like you're any use but you are. You inspire me to go out there and try to gain some more skills and languages. I'm yet to take up sign language but when I do, you'll be the first to know 😉💖
    That may just be the cutest thing ive read all week. Lol. I agree
    Shaunie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Our wonderful kasa is one the most talented and creative people we know. She's a ball of fun energy, can speak loads of languages andddddddd has a big Big heart ♥️

I know you might not feel like you're any use but you are. You inspire me to go out there and try to gain some more skills and languages. I'm yet to take up sign language but when I do, you'll be the first to know 😉💖
    That may just be the cutest thing ive read all week. Lol. I agree
    N'awwwwww seannnn (that's your nickname from now on 😏) 🥰

I think Kasa needed some love as we know she's been goigg through a hard time at school and needed cheering up 🤗
    edited November 2019
    Not really a interesting fact just a fact lolBoth my nickname and real name mean "God is gracious"
    my nickname is shaunie and shevaun is my real name. 
    Also another fact ; just found that out right now cause i was randomly interested in meaninng of names
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    My name is spelt the french way and is actually pronounced I-ME but we gave up along time ago correcting people whenever they use to say A-ME
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I just remembered this thread existed and I've spent the morning reading all your amazing talents and fun facts. Thank you all for sharing them with me! 

A weird fact about me - I can touch my nose with my tongue. Sounds gross but I can touch the tip of my nose lol. Even crazier, my best friend growing up could do it too and we didn't know anyone else who could. 

You're all beautiful and amazing people and I'd love to see more if anyone decides they want to share! ❤️
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Shaunie said:
    Ive never had a cup of coffee or tea 
    (Tried coffee chocolate and was like yeah those hot drinks will never be for me lol
    Does this still stand true to this day? Interested to find out 😂
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • AlexAlex Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    I like McDonald's and can eat four burgers in one go? ;)
    Alex said:
    I like McDonald's and can eat four burgers in one go? ;)
    Ooh that's a good one! Do you think you could win one of those burger eating contests??
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I like to pluck hairs out of my legs as a self harm alternative 😂
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    My first word was Crocodile 🐊 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Shaunie said:
    I like to pluck hairs out of my legs as a self harm alternative 😂
    You probably know the proper name for that (which is trichotillomania) I've got it too! But I do it everywhere including my head. 

Somehow controlled it but defos wish I didn't have it lol... Thank you for sharing!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `