Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

need to stop

ems16ems16 Posts: 27 Boards Initiate
I need to stop drinking, but it’s just hard I’m too young to be doing this, i spend all my money tonight wasn’t that bad but still I usually end up byself at the end of the night drunk and doing stupid stuff, I want to stop but it’s hard 

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hiya @ems16

I also used to drink way too much, I eventually managed to slow down when I was feeling a bit better mentally.

I think where it gets difficult is when you start to use it as a way of coping with how you're feeling, do you think you're drinking for this reason?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ depends tbh usually on weekends is cause my friends want to but mostly it is because I want to drink to the point where I just u know pass out, it’s bad but I don’t see any point right now in caring i just need help
  • Options
    Are you getting any support? I do know the feeling you're talking about. Sometimes when I feel like shit I want to drink to forget it..but I think through time Ii've learned that drinking actually makes it worse. I try to only drink for fun now and not to drink by myself too often. 

Have you thought about seeing your GP?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    nope and what’s a GP?
  • Options
    Your GP is your general practitioner i.e. your doctor. If you need any support with your mental health, or with alcohol, they may be a good place to start.