Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Going back to school.

AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Okay, I thought I would make this new discussion because I know a lot of people are going to be worried about going back to school and we all need to be able to be here to support each other as one big community. Do not worry if you are feeling anxious about going back to school as it will have been over 6 months since any of us have been to school, a lot of people are in the same boat. 

How I am personally feeling about going back to school:

For me going back to school is always a struggle after every single break be it a week or this 6 months any length really. And at the moment I am more worried than ever because so much has probably changed with people and the school is going to be so very different due to the coronavirus. Recently for me, everyone has been getting their new timetables ready for September and putting what classes and when they have all over Instagram and I am starting to notice that none of my classes matches with any of my friends and it is making me super nervous because it made me feel safe and now I really don't and I am scared I am going to get bullied again as I did in year 7 and 8 before they moved me into the other side of the year group to try and stop it. For those few months of year 9 when I was in their classes I actually felt safe and the only reason they have been moved across to the side of the year group that I was on is that they were selected for triple science when I wasn't even given the option for it, this makes me feel so dumb compared to my friends too. Due to finding these facts out, I have had several mental breakdowns and they are only getting worse as I get closer to the day of school which is on Friday the 4th. 

If anyone has any advice or wants a space to share how they feel about the return to school feel free to add it here. 
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    I’m scared about going back to school tomorrow because of bullying 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    What a great thread idea :heart:

I'm actually a university student, but I remember the 'back to school' anxiety all too well. And I totally understand any additional fears because of covid! To anybody who is feeling worried, I am sending you all hugs and support and I really hope everything goes well. 

My best advice as somebody who has been in your position before is to try your very best to stay present right now. What I mean by this is, rather than focusing your time and energy onto worrying about what might happen, what things might be like etc, try your best to think about this for a little while to acknowledge the thoughts, but then distract yourself with something you enjoy. Work on making yourself feel as calm and relaxed as possible whilst you are not at school, try your best to wake up at a reasonable time so that you are not rushing in the morning, and just remember that you really can do this. Good luck guys :heart: 
  • Martha_798Martha_798 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I can relate so much. Over lockdown, I've actually seen a big improvement in my mental health, especially over the summer, because I've cared less about people's opinions and had time to think and be me. Now I'm having so much anxiety that I'll go back to where I was before, or even worse with all of these new rules. I'm going into year 11 too so I don't have time to adjust and have exams. In exams I get so anxious that I just forget everything. I'm capable of so much more than my marks and this stresses me so much
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I’m feeling rubbish about going back to school on Thursday because my half of my friends fell out with me and 😣 I really don’t like it when my friends fall out with me 😓
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Emoji246 said:
    I’m feeling rubbish about going back to school on Thursday because my half of my friends fell out with me and 😣 I really don’t like it when my friends fall out with me 😓
    I wish you the best of luk with school, let me know how it goes! :) 
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    I’m scared about going back to school tomorrow because of bullying 
    How did it go?
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @AnneFrypan I will ❤️