Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The British Criminal Justice System

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,783 Master Poster
edited August 2020 in Home, Law & Money
Today, my mum told me about an incident that happened at a place that she delivers to. The incident actually happened last night but the police have basically done sweet fa about it (although there is CCTV and mobile evidence the police claim there is no evidence.) My mum says that this shows just how bad the British Criminal Justice System is. It almost resulted in serious property damage and almost in death. Just a difference of 5 seconds either side or not having a car parked up outside the garage would have meant either the garage owner would have been hit and killed or there could have been a fire at the garage. If the garage owner was killed the driver would only be able to be charged with manslaughter at the worst. But in other countries the penalties and criminal justice system are much better. Does anyone else feel this way?

mod edit: edited on request
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,783 Master Poster
    Oops sorry.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,783 Master Poster
    I didn't really completely understand that part about what she said about manslaughter 
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    There are problems with the Criminal Justice System, however I wouldn't agree that it is much better anywhere else in the world.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Too many times people who drive dangerously, take risks etc are let off free. It's only until someone dies that action is taken, and even then sometimes it isn't. 

There needs to be something in place where it tries to prevent dangerous actions, although many things are already in place and don't deter people. 

The world can be a pretty shitty place tbh but the UK is actually one of the most developed for police and emergency services. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `