Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Did a whole Joe Wicks PE session without giving up 10 mins in .. woo :lol: he moves too fast 
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Did an amazing dance intensive today and got some amazing feedback from the teachers and now just been offered a free 30 minute private to work on one of the dances we did today!! It feels so good to have someone say such good things to me! Im super proud of my improvements!!
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I didn't weigh myself.
    Big deal and I'm feeling very on edge not doing it today but it needs to stop!
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Am I the only one thinking of Proud by Heather Small?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Got out of bed
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • _John_John Posts: 87 Budding Regular
    My first ever 12+ hour shift (7am-7:30pm). Although my feet is in deep pain and a heat rash on my hand (because there’s no ventilation and it’s nearly hot at my work area) once I finished work everytime, it’s definitely worth the sacrifice. 
    "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."  - Sun Tzu
    Did over time
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I did an 8 hour shift for the first time in about a year 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Washed my hair earlier this afternoon.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Done my longest shift! Friday will be even longer
    Woke up at 7 and went for a run 😆 and faced my biggest fear of needles and had ma ear pierced today. Neither was as bad as I expected them to be😛
    Applied for higher level jobs in 2 complete different locations
    Had energy to try to tidy my room for new dressing table
    Managed in my mask longer today, was really anxious but managed.
    I'm getting better with it.
    It helped that the shop wasn't insanely busy
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Just opened a new art group with someone! Very happy but also anxious to make it work and that.  :o but it's a cool idea and glad it's open
    Deleted tiktok
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Laine I gave my dog a shower :)
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Had an Interview at 9.15 and was offered the job by 10 💁‍♀️💪
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I've not been counting exactly but I think I've made over 60 masks now :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    @BubblesGoesBoo Congratulations!!!  :3
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    @tkdog Thats great! I wish I could join :) Have fun and if you want you can share art on the art thread :D 
    Eyepatch said:
    I've not been counting exactly but I think I've made over 60 masks now :) 

That's amazing!
    Had an Interview at 9.15 and was offered the job by 10 💁‍♀️💪
    Congrats!!
    @GreenTea Thanks, well done for managing to wear your mask for longer :) Its definitely not as easy as it looks to keep it on 
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Eyepatch said:
    @tkdog Thats great! I wish I could join :) Have fun and if you want you can share art on the art thread :D 
    Yeah it is have 20 members already :D 
    I'll think about sharing some art haha I gotta practice more though and need more ideas ^^
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    I've fallen out of touch with some of my friends since the COVID outbreak. Rather than worrying myself about it, I decided to message them to say I don't have much social space right now but I hope they're okay and I do think about them. Felt quite liberating, and I'm really happy I decided to do that and not just leave myself (and maybe them) worrying about it. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Your girl only just gone and got D*D* the best grade I can get for my course!! Buzzing so much right now 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Woo! Well done @Laine you smashed it. Worth the wait? :smiley:
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Oh for sure I'm not going back to college this year now so it's taken the pressure of the wait off :)

Just waiting on maths and English now, my prediction be maths is failed and English is pass hopefully but we'll see 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Got a coffee stain out if a white top.

I deserve a medal