Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #146

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey folks, so for this weekly challenge we will be focussing on self-care. You can do anything that is self-care and share what you've done in this thread, We all deserve self-care :heart:

We look forward to reading your replies, and as always feel free to vote for the next weekly challenge :smile:

Take care everyone :heart:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #146 4 votes

Letter challenge (Take a photo of something everyday) M for Monday T for Tuesday etc..
75% 3 votes
Create a story challenge
25% 1 vote
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Today I decided to take a break from Twitter and social media, don't know if that really counts as self-care but it's still important to do sometimes. :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Tonight me and my flatmate are getting drunk, putting on face masks and doing our nails while we watch a film 👌
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Staying with a friend at the moment. Tonight it's rum and movies in bed after a long day :)

Also skin care routine ✌️
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    I have been trying to find short periods of time where I am choosing to do something different, or to do nothing at all, but to do that with purpose if that makes sense?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    edited August 2020
    Loving all your replies so far folks :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Decided to try and eat well for a couple of days to get myself out of a low-energy rut. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’ve logged out of some social media for awhile 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    I’ve started to turn my phone off in the evenings to have some no technology time :heart: 

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I've been making sure I finish my Duolingo at least an hour before I plan to fall asleep so I don't have to worry about forgetting about it. :)

Well done everyone for your amazing self care. It can be really hard to motivate yourself to do it but I am telling you it is well worth it. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I took the day off work on Tuesday Becasue I was unwell .. normally I push through and just go to work but instead I spent the day in bed catching up on lost sleep 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.