Home Travel & Free Time

Weekly challenge #146

StephanieStephanie Posts: 953 Part of The Mix Family

Hey folks, so for this weekly challenge we will be focussing on self-care. You can do anything that is self-care and share what you've done in this thread, We all deserve self-care :heart:

We look forward to reading your replies, and as always feel free to vote for the next weekly challenge :smile:

Take care everyone :heart:

Weekly challenge #146 4 votes

Letter challenge (Take a photo of something everyday) M for Monday T for Tuesday etc..
75% 3 votes
Create a story challenge
25% 1 vote
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" 

- Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

Riley

Comments

• RileyRiley Posts: 939 Part of The Mix Family
    Today I decided to take a break from Twitter and social media, don't know if that really counts as self-care but it's still important to do sometimes. :)
    GreenTea
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Tonight me and my flatmate are getting drunk, putting on face masks and doing our nails while we watch a film 👌
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Staying with a friend at the moment. Tonight it's rum and movies in bed after a long day :)

Also skin care routine ✌️
  • Ed_Ed_ Posts: 883 Part of The Mix Family
    I have been trying to find short periods of time where I am choosing to do something different, or to do nothing at all, but to do that with purpose if that makes sense?
    "Don't let them paint you gray. They're gonna see you're somebody, somewhere, someday. Don't ever let them take your playful heart away. Oh you're somebody nobody could replicate" ~ Roo Panes
    Zen
  • StephanieStephanie Posts: 953 Part of The Mix Family
    edited August 2020
    Loving all your replies so far folks :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" 

- Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

GreenTea
  • MikeMike 🚀🌌 LondonPosts: 3,970 Community Manager
    Decided to try and eat well for a couple of days to get myself out of a low-energy rut. :)
    "We held on to hope that better times were coming, and when we did, we were right."

Want to join the community champions? Drop @TheMix a message!
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 4,444 The Mix Elder
    I’ve logged out of some social media for awhile 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • StephanieStephanie Posts: 953 Part of The Mix Family
    I’ve started to turn my phone off in the evenings to have some no technology time :heart: 

- Albus Dumbledore 

• DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 6,303 Master Poster
    I've been making sure I finish my Duolingo at least an hour before I plan to fall asleep so I don't have to worry about forgetting about it. :)

Well done everyone for your amazing self care. It can be really hard to motivate yourself to do it but I am telling you it is well worth it. <3
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 4,444 The Mix Elder
    I took the day off work on Tuesday Becasue I was unwell .. normally I push through and just go to work but instead I spent the day in bed catching up on lost sleep 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.