Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Indoor exercise ideas

tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Anyone know or been doing any good exercises, routines, poses and that. 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    There are loads of great free workout videos on YouTube - I've been doing Joe Wicks 20 min legs bums and tums you don't need any equipment and can just do it from your living room but theres loads of stuff on there so have a search.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    It's a simple one but I've found it super useful to do jumping jacks, a set of about 10 before a short rest then another set repeated until you're worn out. It's just a good easy exercise to get your heart rate up which is important and you can do it basically anywhere. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Yoga, stretching, chair workouts, dance workouts...the list goes on! YouTube has so many routines you can do at home, I'd defo have a search around and find something that works for youx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Dianne Buswell (one of the dancers on strictly come dancing) has made a YouTube channel called Buswellness which has indoor workouts and healthy eating ideas, it's really good! 
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    Dancing (I've been using the old wii with the just dance games) and an indoor exercise bike. I understand that's not an option for everyone, but if you don't mind spending some money, there are also mini ones. Good investment for future lockdowns :p 

Failing that, jogging on the spot to music is good too! 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Joe Wicks (I did it a few times and it was quite good but exhausting.)

Choreographing dances no matter how weird you might feel it is

Just Dance!!!!!!

Trampolining 

Yoga

Of course don't do anything that you know you would not be able to do because of mental or physical limitations. Have fun but also stay safe.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous